Illinois-Chicago
Options

Poll: Your favorite and least favorite part of wedding planning

Because its a slow day....What is your favorite part of wedding planning and your least favorite.

Re: Poll: Your favorite and least favorite part of wedding planning

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My favorite part: All the extra time FI and I spend together for vendor research and meetings.Least favorite: Trying to meld two different family expectations into something WE want.
  • Options
    Elizabeth7277Elizabeth7277 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Favorite - I have to say a lot of things have been fun so far and not complicated however it is a toss up between ceremony/reception decorating and wedding attire (including jewelry and make-up) Least favorite - guest list. Took FOREVER to get a finished list and I still think I got some of his family's name wrong. I am really dreading the seating arrangements.
  • Options
    awed81awed81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Favorite :) - collecting ideas, looking at other beautiful real weddings, creating my wedding "look book". Least Favorite :( - sticking to a budget! There are so many awesome vendors and locations that I would love to splurge on. It's hard to step back and figure out exactly where you want your money to go!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Favorite:  interviewing my vendorsLeast Favorite:  Dealing with my FI to make decisions, and I know alot of women want their FI to be involved but le tme tlel you it can be a pain.
  • Options
    HapplyEvrAftrHapplyEvrAftr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Favorite: Dreaming up all the little details that makes this day "us" Least Favorite: Tactfully handling the opinions of others; being assumed to be a bridezilla the minute you say you're planning a wedding (though I'm FAR from it); figuring out all the logistical details (who will do what, how will an item get from Point A to Point B)
  • Options
    Sparkette19Sparkette19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My favorite part is the planning and booking. I'm a control freak and I love stuff like this. I think this is one of the only times I'll get to do what I want, with in reason of course.My least favorite part is waiting for everything to come to fruition. I also don't like that we can't just pay for everything up front. I know that in this industry, and especially in this economy, that's not the smartest thing to do. However, I HATE having such large balances looming over us. I feel like I'm in the hole even though we have the money to pay for it. Or I'm afraid that we're going to go completely over budget b/c we have time to save any the splurges. This makes me feel so neurotic!
    When you're born in Chicago you're blessed and you're healed the first time you walk into Wrigley Field. My Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Favorite- I've enjoyed most of it... so far! Every time something gets done, I am just so excited to marry FI.Least Favorite- My parents are paying. Yes, this should be a blessing (and yes, it is), but it is difficult to please everyone with the details. Heck, my parents have already compiled a playlist for the DJ. Lionel Ritchie is on it. 'Nuff said.
    7/10/10 imageDandy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    don't hate on Lionel! I plan on playing "All Night Long" at some point. =)Anyway---favorite--DIY projects, doing stuff to inject our personality into the wedding, little surprises we're planning, etc.least favorite--guest list woes, and paying for it. Wish I could find a generous benefactor to cover it! =)
  • Options
    Sparkette19Sparkette19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dancin' on the Ceiling!
    When you're born in Chicago you're blessed and you're healed the first time you walk into Wrigley Field. My Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Favorite: I loved going to look at venues, and dresses/dress shopping...I still watch Say Yes to the Dress!Least favorite: Convincing DH we needed add-ons such as photobooth, candy buffet, trolley, e-pics, etc. In the end, he conceded that it was all money well spent : )
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Favorite: Dress shopping, picking things out Least Favorite: All the waiting involved in a long engagement!!!
  • Options
    schaiblejenschaiblejen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    fav: All the girly stuff, and talking it all through with FILeast fav: Both mothers who has STRONG opinions about everything, but TIGHT purse strings...  Also Footing the bill kinda sucks! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    rho: All Night Long = okay      Hello = nooooo!
    7/10/10 imageDandy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No joke, I was walking to my car last week and somebody drove by with "Hello" on full blast and the windows down. I can see that being played at the end of the night when everybody is all wasted and crooning it aloud. Or maybe I can see me doing that...=)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    favorite: planning the honeymoon! least favorite: Dealing with my FMIL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Favorite part: coming up with the "style" of the wedding and finding creative ways to express it.Least favorite part: Deciding on caterer
  • Options
    platinumkateplatinumkate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fave: beginning the challenge of decision-sharing and decision-making with FILeast Fave: playing tug-of-war with family demands/wishes in regards to wedding planning
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Favorite---- I have loved all aspects of planning, but mostly organizing this day and making it "ours"   Least favorite---- the cost and dealing with FMIL (who I decided I will be calling MIL after the wedding) and her "not so nice opinions" on EVERYTHING and her insistance that we invite 85 of her friends (not family) and NOT paying for it!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    January BrideJanuary Bride member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Favorite - Getting to make a bunch of projects, getting to spend quality time with my husband, family and friends throughout the planning process, and reading through the knot, bios and wedding magazines constantly! (Okay, that was three, but I loved wedding planning and would do it for my job if I had the opportunity!) Least Favorite - Dealing with a little bit of family drama from DH's side and trying to wedding plan during busy times at work.  Otherwise, I loved everything!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Favorite: Pretty much all the little stuff...I loved making my own Save-the-Dates, looking thought magazines, hearing all ideas on theknot, and all that little stuff that I get to keep doing!Least Favorite: Picking out a venue...it was brutal!  Now that that is done, I feel much better!  Also, I went to look for dresses for the first time, and I wish I had just found something...I was not a big fan (and I don't know why, as I LOVE shopping!)...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards