Illinois-Chicago
Options

Amy Vaught Question

Hi everyone,I've got a question for those of you who used Amy Vaught as your DOC.  I'm researching DOCs now, and I've only read wonderful things about Amy's services on this board, but I've found in my brief correspondence with her that email response time can be very slow. Did anyone else experience this?  Perhaps it's because we aren't official clients yet?  Since I assume lots of communication with a DOC is by email, I was just a little concerned...Thanks for any thoughts you have!

Re: Amy Vaught Question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't have too much info specific to Amy but I worked with her associate, Danica.  I do remember emails being a little slow with Amy at first but once I was "assigned" to Danica I got a very quick reply.  The week of the wedding she would get back to me within an hour.  Her email is danicacb@gmail.com.
  • Options
    platinumkateplatinumkate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't used her but have also heard very positive things about her. Keep in mind it is peak wedding season right now so while I have had a much easier time communicating with my venue, caterer, and other vendors earlier in the year, I have also noticed that sometimes the responses are not as quick in the summer. If she is an indepenent lady and not part of a big company chances are she is wearing many hats.
  • Options
    January BrideJanuary Bride member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I used Amy and definitely recommend her!  I have a full review in my vendor reviews.  As you'll see in my review, that was one of my few complaints about Amy.  Besides that, I do think she did a great job that day.  Let me know if you have any questions!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    To be honest, that's a big factor in how I narrowed down which planner to use. I emailed several, and some of them took FOREVER to get back to me. Quick response is important to me. My planner, Katie, always gets back to me within a couple of hours if not immediately and within minutes. It's a perfect match for me because if I have a quick question, I want a quick answer!! If it's something you're concerned about, try contacting other planners. I'm very happy with Simply Eventful Parties.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is helpful, thank you!  I'd love to hear from others as well.  We've narrowed our choice down to Amy V. and Shelly from Honeybee if anyone has any thoughts regarding Shelly...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are looking for an instant email from her, then no, you won't get that but I always got a response to my email/voicemail within 48 hours and if I emailed her on a Thursday, I didn't expect an email until at least Tuesday. I know she has a lot of Friday & Sunday weddings. She did a fantastic job on our wedding and she did keep track of all the details, but she is busy and has 2 babies under 3 I think, so keep that in mind.
  • Options
    Monkey29Monkey29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Amy and would NOT recommend (full review to come). She was slow in responding to all emails all the way through the process. She was over half an hour late to both the rehearsal and on the wedding day.  I felt throughout the process like I was inconveniencing her with my emails.  If you are paying for a professional, kids and traffic can't be an excuse for less than stellar service.  I'm sure many of the professionals I used that day have personal responsibilities, but I was unaware of them because it did not effect the quality of their service,
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow...Monkey, I'm sorry and surprised that happened to you!  You're right, there should be no excuse for less then stellar service from your coordinator.Sroctober-- please contact Danica if you're on the fence about the others.  She was AMAZING!  She was by far the BEST vendor choice we made and I can't imagine how things would have gone without having her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards