Illinois-Chicago
Options

Chief O'Neill's on Elston?

Hello,I'm actually a "Nester" now but I'm helping a family member plan her wedding so I thought I'd jump back over to this board.Have any of you  been to a reception at the Irish pub/restaurant Chief O'Neill's (on Elston, between Belmont & Addison), & if so, how was it? The atmosphere there is very nice & they said they can put a tent up to extend the restaurant area, but we've read mixed reviews on the customer service on Yelp & City search.  We've never had a problem when we've gone there for pub quizzes & just out for a drink, but haven't been to a big party there.Any feedback would be appreciated...Thanks!

Re: Chief O'Neill's on Elston?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been to a reception there.  The couple was married out of state and wanted to have a small reception for their local friends.  It wasn't fancy or anything, but the food was good and it was a very relaxed atmosphere.  There was no tent set up for the one I went to though because the weather was warm at the time.  hth!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used to live right down the street from Chief's and it is still my favorite brunch spot!  They have fabulous food and I know for St. Pattys Day they set up a tent.  I have never seen a private function there with a tent but I have seen a couple family type set ups that were pretty cute!HTH, let me know if you have any questions!
  • Options
    Mommy&MayaMommy&Maya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually JUST (like minutes ago) signed my contract with them for my reception. They have been fantastic to work with and so accomadating. My wedding is actually less than 3 months away and our original hall screwed us over, so we had to switch adn found chief o'neill's. I could not be happier with the service and the atmosphere.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! Your comments are very helpful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That area of Elston is a crummy location. I have been to the restaurant and it is nice. It is very dark in there and has a very pub vibe to it. I guess it would depend on the crowd and how they manage regular patrons from infringing on weddings/events.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards