Illinois-Chicago
Options

Day Of Wedding Pictures

Hi Everyone,I'm in the process of planning out the big day. My fiance wants to have our wedding pictures done somewhere in the western suburbs (our reception is in Oak Brook). Any ideas for a good location for wedding pictures in the area? I've seen some really nice wedding pictures from Millenium Park and the downtown Chicago area too, and I guess I'm just bouncing back and forth between city and suburbs. Also, I remember a few weeks ago there were some knotties that posted about their photographer's equipment getting stolen during the photo shoots. This really worries me too. What helped you decide where you wanted your pictures? Thanks in advance for your input!

Re: Day Of Wedding Pictures

• Options
    sjanticsjantic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How about the Morton Arboretum?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    cantigny park-
  • Options
    gczechgczech member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We looked at both Cantigny and Morton.  We're getting married in Lombard and aren't seeing each other before the ceremony, so we needed to find something close because we won't have much time between the ceremony and reception.  If you're taking your formals before the ceremony, downtown would probably be an OK option (I know if we decided to see each other before, we would definitely have taken them downtown).  For Cantigny, there's a $40 fee for a limo that would be paid the day-of (you only pay for parking, not per person).  Morton Arboretum requires a permit for professional pictures and (I think) it's around $150.  With Morton, you have to get the permit ahead of time so if it rains, I'm not sure if they'd reimburse you.We ended up choosing Cantigny based on price and variety of pictures (besides all the florals, there's the mansion and tanks).Since you're getting married in the summer, you'll have a ton of options.  Some other ones I checked out are Lilacia Park in Lombard and Wilder Park in Elmhurst.  We didn't choose those because we're getting married in the fall and they were starting to change colors too early so they didn't look as nice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i'd stick with the burbs...getting to and from oak brook from the city would take forever with traffic.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Graue Mill is very close to Oak Brook, down York Rd.  I've seen some really pretty pictures there. On a Saturday, you might have some timing issues if you try to go as far out as Cantigny, although it is lovely.  It's just really busy in Oak Brook on Saturdays, traffic hell.Proximity to our venues was most important for us, btu we also live in the Tri-Cities area by the Fox River and it was important for us to take pictures by the river, since it is a big part of our daily life and we love where we live.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think museum campus or downtown is good. Since everyone does the bean you have to do it there, unless you have other creative ideas. I heard about the vendors getting mugged from our videographer but I guess it is becoming very common with the photographers too. I would not want either of ours getting hurt. Someone said that a photographer I think got dragged from the back of a car during a shoot while they were trying to take his stuff. One of the people who mentioned it was burntpancakes
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! Your opinions really helped. =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards