Illinois-Chicago
Options

Restaurants near Millennium Park?

A friend is going to be in town from New Orleans and we're meeting her & her husband downtown for dinner on Monday. She's taking the train from Cary & will get off near Millennium Park. Where would be a nice place to take her that's kinda swanky but not too expensive (maybe $15-20 average entree)? Thanks!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Restaurants near Millennium Park?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Park Grill is nice and right next to Millennium Park. They take us there for work events (I work in the loop) so I think it would fit your criteria perfectly :)
  • Options
    awed81awed81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really like Taven on the Park. It's swanky inside with big wooden booths, but is not too pricey. Really good drinks too! I have taken girlfriends there for a night out and it's been fun. Or the Gage is also really good! It's a more like a gastropub type place, but might be a little pricier. Like PP said, the Park Grill is good. They have a nice restaurant and a small patio for eating outdoors. And they take reservations. But I would avoid the big outdoor grill part, "Plaza at the Park Grill" that is separate from the actual restaurant. I have found their food and service is horrendous. Have Fun!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love Gage, but it is a little pricier, closer to $20-$25 per meal (they do have a couple of cheaper options though).  But they are good size portions, so no need for apps :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Tavern on the Park-- on the north edge of the park at Randolph and Michigan.
    Wedding Date: January 16th, 2010

Cycle #5: BFP on June 14, 2011 -- Due Date: February 23, 2012 -- Born: February 26, 2012
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second The Gage, a really cool gastro-pub.
    7/10/10 imageDandy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards