Illinois-Chicago
Options

Are E-Vites O.k. for Rehersal Dinner?

In the mayhem of all the craziness, is it appropriate to send out e-vites for the rehersal dinner? Everyone knows anyway already where they're suppose to be. Is this wrong?

Re: Are E-Vites O.k. for Rehersal Dinner?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Personally, I think it's okay - I just did it by word of mouth - I let them know when the rehearsal was, let them know there would be a dinner after and asked if they'd be able to make it - I didn't really see the point of spending more money to make more invitations at that point in the game
    IMG_2788

2/20/2011
  • Options
    disneyfan0511disneyfan0511 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We sent out real invites because I wanted everyone to have the address, time, etc on paper. I think it's up to you for what is appropriate with your family. For us, I knew an e-vite wouldn't cut it for the older relatives who aren't exactly email savvy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did evites for the RD - it worked out fine for me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For me, receiving one would be fine. If you are not paying for the dinner and FI's parents are sticking with tradition and paying for it, I would run it by them first in case it cheapens a nicer dinner that they might be planning.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it depends on the type of dinner you're having...mine was a bit more formal so i wouldn't have done evites..i prefer to get an invite in the mail....evites remind me of all you can drink bar parties.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I ordered mine from vistaprint for like $10 or something rediculous. We have a lot of people who are not so internet saavy, and who were coming in from out of town. I wanted them to have a peice of paper w/ the info so it wouldn't be so confusing.
  • Options
    KimberlyE715KimberlyE715 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just called people.  I ended up also sending an email so everyone had the time and address for reference.  I think an evite is fine.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Totally.
  • Options
    shelly&nickshelly&nick member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought about doing an evite, but instead I chose to print my own.  Either way is fine.
  • Options
    Elizabeth7277Elizabeth7277 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As pp stated it depends on the type of dinner. I think evites are ok for a non formal dinner. My mom is hosting and it is non-formal however I sent out regular printable invites that I got from Party City because I didn't know everyone's email and FI's mother does not have a computer.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agree with pp's- depends on the venue.  Ours is on the formal side and FMIL wants to do E-vites since she just discovered them.  We're suggesting to her her that an E-vite doesn't suit the venue.You can get printed invites pretty cheaply ($1.50 per piece or less) through Vista Print or Wedding Paper Divas.Some people (like me) appreciate a paper invitation a) because it's always nice to get mail that's not a bill and b) they might put it in their scrapbook.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards