Illinois-Chicago
Options

Evening Wedding photo locations?

We are getting married in the evening in Chicago and want to have some fun city pictures after the ceremony.  Our wedding is in November so we have no idea on weather condtions.  Although we are thinking ahead on where we could take pictures at night?   Any suggestions?

Re: Evening Wedding photo locations?

• Options
    Sameena99Sameena99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My photog recommended the wrigley field sign and the chicago theatre. Both will be really lit up so we wont need any natural light. If you think of any other good ones let me know I've been searching for more!
  • Options
    January BrideJanuary Bride member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I believe knottie HNN had some gorgeous shots of her and her husband on the Michigan Ave bridge at night, with the Tribune Tower and other buildings behind them.I've also seen couples get some beautiful nighttime shots of them on Michigan Ave.  Stand in the median of the road and your photographer can get some great photos of cars going by you.Depending on whether you're getting married in late Nov, the white lights might be up along Michigan Ave, which would look great in night photos as well.Good luck! :)  We were married in January and even though it was cold, it's pretty easy to brave the cold for a few pictures here and there.  I purchased a faux fur wrap and only wore it for about half the photos because I wanted to have my dress showing in the others. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My DH and I were married in Nov. We went down during the evening by the river, on the North side, east of michigan avenue, and got some of my favorite shots. We did pictures outside our hotel later in the reception when no one missed us for 10 min. This is a FEW of our pro pics, with one or 2 that were at night. I can send you more if you like.http://picasaweb.google.com/etamala/LizSFavorites#You need the # sign at the end. email me at etamala at gmail dot com if you want to see more
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can see my professional pics in bio.  My wedding was in January.  We took some on Lake Street and some in front of the Chicago theater at night.  He had to use an additional flash.  You could also do the subway at night.  Most areas in the city are lit up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards