Illinois-Chicago
Options

Where can i find buttons for my dress?!

Hello! This is my first post but I've been lurking since I got engaged in May. I purchased a sample dress (from Filene's Running of the Brides) and it was missing a button which I figured could easily be replaced. When I took the dress to get it cleaned, the seamstress said she could take one of the buttons from the bottom (buttons end at my butt) to replace the button that was missing so it would be less noticeable.  I'd like to find a matching button to replace the one at the very button but have no idea where to go. Anyone have a similar situation or have any recommendations?TIA!

Re: Where can i find buttons for my dress?!

• Options
    January BrideJanuary Bride member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Do you know the designer of the dress?  You could always call them and ask to purchase a replacement button.  I know my dress designer will send you free swatches of your dress if you request them, so you can take the swatches with you while shopping for accessories. I'd try the designer first.  Are the buttons fabric or some other material?  If the buttons are fabric and the designer won't let you purchase some buttons, you can take a swatch of fabric from your dress (I am assuming you have a little extra material inside your dress) and have your seamstress cover a plain button with the material to create a new button. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    get in touch with the designer if the tag is still there. otherwise i am not sure how many buttons you have but if it is just a handful of them, you might have better luck replacing them all. if it is a line of buttons going down the "zipper" area and you are dealing with 20 or more, you might do best replacing the missing one with one from the bottom like she said.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello. Sorry this has nothing to do with your topic, however you wrote on my post about your friends Nancy and Christy...doing hair and makeup. I took a look at their website..however..their contact information is not available. Can you please send me their info? Their rates were great! Thank you so much! pperalta4@gmail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards