Illinois-Chicago
Options

Shower Gift?

So our shower is this Sunday and we have recieved a few gifts already....shipped to our house. Mostly from people that will not be able to attend the shower. Do I bring these gifts to the shower so that we can open them infront of everyone and say who they are from? Do we just bring the card and read "so and so gave us our luggage set"? Or do we not mention them at all? TIA!!!

Re: Shower Gift?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't mention them at all.  I opened them as I got them and sent thank you cards to the senders.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I opened as I got them, and sent thank yous right away. But I do plan on mentioning them at the shower.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did mention the gifts that others gave me beforehand at the shower - didn't bring the gifts but after I opened everything I said I would also like to thank so and so for the xxx - I thought it was a nice gesture (some of the people were there but had shipped the gifts since we lived in a different state)
    IMG_2788

2/20/2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think I would mention it. Have a good time!
  • Options
    awed81awed81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think for those few guests that sent you gifts but are there, you should def. mention that they sent you gifts in advance and what they sent. Otherwise, no need to mention the gifts that were sent from the people that couldn't make it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    if the people aren't coming and they sent you gifts no need to mention it...but if the people are coming and they sent you a gift i'd bring it to the shower and open it there....unless you got a ton and it'd be a pain to haul them there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i would not mention it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! We didn't get many things shipped to our house....and only 1 person who's coming to the shower had it shipped to our house. So I think I will just mention everyones name and what they got for us at the shower....I'm not going to bring the gifts. Thanks for your advice ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards