Illinois-Chicago

sounds abound dj recommendations?

For those of you who used Sounds Abound as your DJ, who did you have and how were they? Any suggestions would be fantastic! Thanks!

Re: sounds abound dj recommendations?

• SusiePharmSusiePharm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Danny Diebold and we were so happy with him! He followed our Play & Do Not Play list and managed to keep my guests on the dance floor all night. He's very professional and has years of experience. I recommend him to everyone!!
  • edited December 2011
    We went with Spinnin Discs, but two of my friends used Sounds Abound.  Both of them absolutely rave about them!  I think that they're a good choice for DJ service :-)
    image "Always love. Don't wail til the finish line."-Nada Surf
  • val_vazquezval_vazquez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I checked out Sounds Abound but ended up using Toast & Jam because literally everyone - from my venue coordinator to people on the street - recommended them :) Good luck!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers image Val
  • edited December 2011
    My friend had them at their wedding & the DJ played songs that were specifically on the Do Not Play list, and a lot of the songs that they spent time picking out were never played. The dj also came up to them at the end of the night and asked for them to do a review on him, which was kind of tacky because they were still mingling with their guests. The overall music was good though but those little things were important & it was upsetting to my friend because they spent so much time planning. Oh, & the DJ forgot to do the bouquet toss too?
    Me: 42, DH: 43. We are so grateful to have a 2yr old daughter, conceived naturally after 3 miscarriages & no treatments (our Dr. gave us 1 more month to try on our own before advacing to IVF, & we conceived her naturally in January 2010)! Trying since April 2011 without sucess....MD said we were both "fine" & that if it wasn't happening, it was a chromosomal issue. Finally started Follistim 225mcg injections with an Ovidrel trigger November 2012. Bleeding 11 days post Ovidrel on November 25th. Starting the whole lab/Ultrasound/Follistim cycle again on November 27th...
  • edited December 2011
    amalloy - do you know which DJ that was so we can avoid him? Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    We loved working with Sounds Abound. Ken Overbey was our DJ and went above and beyond for us.
  • lmhamzelmhamze member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using sounds abound for my wedidng next summer! So far I really think that they are great and I have gotten a lot of reccomendations for them!  I honestly hadn't heard one negative comment until that last post.  We had our choice of anyone and ended up going with Tony Ho. We are happy with him so far as he has already called us just to say thanks for booking him and that he is excited to work with us, and our wedding is still a year away!  Good luck with you decision!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards