Illinois-Chicago
Options

DIY Pocketfold question

So I'm finding a lot of great ideas for pocketfolds and have heard about websites like cards and pockets, but I was wondering where I could find a design template for the invitation (perhaps a damask or floral design).  I see some awesome ones listed on Etsy that the seller makes, but I don't feel like spending $700 + for invites that I know my mom and I would be able to make ourselves.  I saw Cards & pockets has a "patterned paper" section, but I don't think that's what I would need since I just want to have some type of design in the corner.  Hope this makes sense! TIA!

Re: DIY Pocketfold question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Okay, I'm in the process of DIY'ing all my stuff too, so I have a few ideas for you.  1.  you could print your actual invite on a shimmer paper & mat it on a larger damask paper.2.  you could use a gocco or similar screen printer, might be the easiest option to put an image on something.  that way all you have to do is find it & print it, then make a screen & put it where you want it.   (could even do this in combination with #1, but Im not sure if this would look too busy, since it's damask) I would recommend cards & pockets or paper and more  for your paper stuff too, they seem to have the best prices/get the best reviews :)  HTH!

"Everything will be alright in the end. So if it's not alright, it is not yet the end."
    "She wasn't bitter. She was sad, though. But it was a hopeful kind of sad. The kind of sad that just takes time." The Perks of Being a Wallflower
    Me:28 DH:28 TTC since 1/11 Dx: unexplained IF/early DOR
    Feb'12- Clomid/TI with CD3 &21 labs(normal)& SA-count 6mil/ml,morph/motil OK-BFN
    April'12 Ultrasounds,HSG -clear, slight acurate uterus
    5/14 IUI #1-50 mg clomid-post wash total motile count 19.3 prometrium 2dpiui= BFN
    6/11-IUI #2-100 mg clomid & prometrium post wash count total motile 17.5 = BFN
    7/6 IUI#3 with 100 mg clomid, estridiol, prometrium. post wash total motile count 23.3 = BFN
    8/30IVF#1 BCPs, Follistim, Menopur,Ganerelix,Novarel.
    ER 9/11-8R, 7M, 5F.
    ET 9/14 2 embies transferred. 1 10cell Grade 4, 1 8cell Grade 4. No frosties. BFN
    IVF#2 BCPs, Follistim, Menopur, Ganerelix, Novarel, Baby Aspirin
    ER 12/5-16R, 12M, 8F!
    ET 12/10 5dt! 1 fully expanded blast & 1 early blast. No frosties. BFN
    2/13- Saline sono revealed a polyp. All additional labwork coming back normal. Genetic screen revealed DH has MTHFR deficiency & I am a carrier for it.
    3/13 hysteroscopy & polypectomy
    next up-Reproductive immunologist Appt 3/27, cycling in may?

Here Comes the Sun Blog
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm currently working on making my own template. I downloaded a flourish font (you can get free fonts from dafont.com), created a text box in powerpoint, typed the letters I wanted to use, and saved the box as a picture. A lot of the ladies on the DIY board have great instructions for invitations.
  • Options
    Becky D.Becky D. member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I made my own and used Anchor Paper for all of my paper supplies!  I created a template for the pocketfold using a file folder before I ordered everything and played around on Powerpoint before I had my final invite template. Good Luck!  You will be able to save a ton of money by making your own!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards