Illinois-Chicago
Options

Holiday Inn Mart Plaza

My fiancee and I are seriously considering having our reception at the Mart Plaza, but the size of the ballroom is a concern for us. The planner says that 250 can comfortably fit, but we are not 100% convinced. It is a smaller ballroom and we do not want it to be cramped if we have 240-250 attendees. Does anyone have experience with attending or having a wedding of that size at the Mart Plaza (specifically the Wolf Point Ballroom-the one with the great views)? Any info would be awesome!

Re: Holiday Inn Mart Plaza

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been to a wedding there with about 200 guests.  It was very nice.  I think it should be able to fit 250 attendees comfortably.  The night view from the Wolf Point ballroom is amazing!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married there in November. We're only having 150 guests, but when we toured I remember they said they had a party of 290 once and it was pretty cramped. If they can physically do 290, I'm sure 250 will be fine.
  • Options
    ang7879ang7879 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our wedding there in May and  I highly reccommend it!! We loved Barbara (who I'm sure you are delaing with) and everything was absolutely beautiful. We were planning on having 240 guests and were shocked when our final number came in at 199! We had plenty of room and I'm sure even at 240-250 you will be ok. It was a gorgeous venue and all our guests were talking about the view!HTH!
  • Options
    kaylynnekaylynne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should also keep in mind that the Wolf Point Ballroom has a small adjoining room (we used it for cocktails, and the coffee set-up after dinner). You have to go through that room to get to the ballroom, so all of your guests will be aware of it. I think 250 should fit just fine, but if anyone feels cramped, they can easily go in there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards