Illinois-Chicago
Options

RSVP Wording question

My fiance and I have elected to, in order to both be more "green" and save money, have online only RSVP. There is only one person without internet, and it is his grandmother, and we know she'll be attending. My question is about wording. Guests will need to register on our website in order to assure that it is, indeed the person we invited. On the small card in our invite, we're trying to decide between: "Please RSVP by signing in on our website..." and "Please RSVP by registering on our website..." Is the word "registering" completely taboo or is it JUST when referring to gifts? I think "registering" is more accurate, but I don't want to be un-PC. Thanks for your input!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: RSVP Wording question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Can you just say "Please visit our website to RSVP"? I don't think either "sign in" or "register" is necessary. When guests go to the website, they will realize they need to register and figure it out.
    7/10/10 imageDandy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    agree with pp...i'd say something like "please rsvp by visiting our website..."
  • Options
    Sparkette19Sparkette19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ditto with pp. However, is the website user friendly? Will there be directions on how to register and will the directions be clear? Personally, there's nothing more frustrating than trying to do something online and not being able to figure it out. I'm definitely not tech savvy, so I may be an exception to the rule. But that would be a concern of mine as a guest.
    When you're born in Chicago you're blessed and you're healed the first time you walk into Wrigley Field. My Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards