Illinois-Chicago
Options

My wedding ring help

So I know this is very late in the game, but we already got 2 rings and had to send them both back because they were awful. I guess thats what you get for buying online. The thing is that our budget is $200 for this ring and it has to match or at least closely match a tripple platinum 2 carat diamond antique with milligrain engagement ring. There is NO WAY that we can afford platinum and the last ring we got was just a brushed platinum and it was sooo small that it got lost on my finger next to the engagement ring. I don't mind a white gold as that is the cheaper version and I have been looking at anniversary rings, but have no idea where the best place to find good quality for low prices. Any suggestions will certainly help right now because I am exhausted looking at every site I can think of and I think if I go to a jeweler they will laugh at my price but that's all that we can afford right now. TIA

Re: My wedding ring help

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a little confused if you need a wedding band for you or for your FI, but Jewelers Row on Wabash sells wholesale. I have no idea if they can work with $200, but I also don't know if you need diamonds in it or what. You could always get something now that is more plain and then and change it later.
    Steph & Brandon 4.17.10
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio - Updated 7.2
  • Options
    Elizabeth7277Elizabeth7277 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My apologies, I should have been more specific. The ring is for me. I already got his ring long time ago. He didn't purchase the set 2 years ago when he proposed and we are in a different money situation now than then, so we are trying to find something that will work a little with the engagement ring. I am thinking of going to Jewlery Exchange since it's close to me, they look like they have a good selection within my price range. But keep the suggestions coming.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Kay's.  They typically have lower priced stuff.  My friend got her engagement ring there and it's gorgeous.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    NoronNoron member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding band is from Kay's and was $280. I'm pretty sure you could find something there, but I don't know what your engagement ring looks like so I can't be too helpful.Is just getting something like a plain band now an option?  You could upgrade when your money situation improves (which I'm sure will be soon!!).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    January 2, 2010
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    EDD October 10, 2013
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    2 for Kay's. I will check them out tomorrow. Yes, I do not have a problem with just a band as long as it looks nice and not cheap, at this point I am not picky, I just need something. And we can go a little over $200 if need be. Thank you, I will keep you posted on what I find.  
  • Options
    NoronNoron member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good luck!  They do have almost everything listed online - www.kay.com - I hope you find something you like!
    January 2, 2010
    EDD October 10, 2013
  • Options
    AlannaFAlannaF member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You mentioned going to the Jewelry Exchange - although I have never dealt with them or even been in the store, I have heard horror stories about every aspect of their business.  I'm not saying to not go, but just be aware.I hope you find something to match that fabulous sounding e-ring!
  • Options
    banbina52banbina52 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could always check out New York Jewlers on Wabash.  They have been incredible helpful to my fiance and myself.  His ring was only $3oo.  Not because that was the budget but because it was what he liked-and then they showed him the same style ring that was not made by a jewlery designer and was the 300 instead of 800 so I do not believe they try and upsell you at all.  Worth a shot!  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    gkb0910gkb0910 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Unlike the PP, I've heard good things about the Jewelry Exchange.  I think they're worth checking out.
    Kailyn Jean Born August 6, 2011 (3w6d early) imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Planning Bio
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Update - I finally got my ring. I went to Whitehall Jewelers in Harlem Irving Plaza and got a 1/4carat white gold ring that was orginally $400 on sale for $145. It looks gorgeous and I lucked out. Oh and I got my e-ring cleaned there and oh my I forgotten how beautiful this ring really was until now, even the lady said tha same. Thanks for everyone's suggestions and can't wait to show you pictures.
  • Options
    NoronNoron member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What a deal!  I'm glad you found something!
    January 2, 2010
    EDD October 10, 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards