Illinois-Chicago
Options

ceremony music opinions

A friend from work (former band director and professional flautist) has offered to play for our wedding ceremony. I'm really excited about the prospects, but it seems that my fiance is far from it. He doesn't think it will be "enough" music, or a big enough sound. What did you all do??
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ceremony music opinions

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a close friend who I asked to play the violin.  What we did was have her play a solo in the middle of the ceremony, and play with the organ before the processional.  Then the organ was played during the processional and recessional.  It worked for us.As far as the sound being big enough, it would depend on your venue and the acoustics, as well as the feeling you are going for.  If you are doing soft, delicate, and romantic, then it might be just fine.
  • Options
    kar45kar45 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a flautist and pianist. Together, they sounded fabulous. Apart, it would have been a little lonely sounding.
  • Options
    AlannaFAlannaF member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would look into having her do some piano/flute or flute/violin duets.  Although flute alone will sound beautiful, it will also sound sparse, if you have no additional accompaniment. Even with my small wedding, I nixed the idea of one instsrumentalist due to the same concern.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards