Illinois-Chicago
Options

Let's get to know each other!

1.  How did you meet your FI/DH?2.  How long have you been engaged/how long were you engaged?3.  How did you get engaged?4.  What are you looking forward to most at your wedding?5.  What is one extravagance you've splurged on?6.  Do you live in the 'burbs (south, north, east, NE, SE?), city (n/s/e/w, or area?), or are you out of state?7.  Have you ever met any other knotties/nesties?8.  Do you fear anything in your wedding?9  Do you fear anything in your marriage?10.  Tell us something random!

Re: Let's get to know each other!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    1. How did you meet your FI/DH?We met online, 4 1/2 years ago.2. How long have you been engaged/how long were you engaged? Um, 1 week!  But, I'm not new to the knot/nest, been around for 5 years.3. How did you get engaged?We have been talking about it for about 9 months.  We bought a ring awhile ago, he proposed last Wednesday morning when we woke up.  It was actually kinda of cool, I sort of always thought him proposing in the morning would be really cool because mornings is BY FAR not his best time of the day!  4. What are you looking forward to most at your wedding?Having my family together for the celebrations is huge.  But the moment of being pronounced husband is wife is right up there!5. What is one extravagance you've splurged on?Nothing so far!6. Do you live in the 'burbs (south, north, east, NE, SE?), city (n/s/e/w, or area?), or are you out of state?In the city, Hyde Park area.7. Have you ever met any other knotties/nesties?Yes, I've met several over the past 5 years.  Probably over 20.8. Do you fear anything in your wedding?Not yet!9 Do you fear anything in your marriage?Kind of, just because I've been well, not married, for so long, as has he.  I think I fear him freaking out and thinking I'm going to change.10. Tell us something random!While I knew I would be engaged at some point to my FI, I never really believed it would happen in a way.  My reaction was something I never expected.  I finally feel like I'm getting back to normal.
  • Options
    raeynraeyn member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    [b]1. How did you meet your FI/DH?[/b] We met while I was teaching in Japan. We traveled around Kyoto and Fukuoka together and fell in love quickly. [b]2. How long have you been engaged/how long were you engaged?[/b] We officially got engaged about 4 months ago, but we decided to get married a long time ago. Timing just didn't work out earlier for financial reasons and because my family lives in Canada and he wanted to talk to my parents in person before putting a ring on my finger. [b]3. How did you get engaged?[/b] He proposed to me at the top of the ferris wheel at Navy Pier. He was so nervous that he couldn't even get the box out of his pocket at first. It was adorable. [b]4. What are you looking forward to most at your wedding?[/b] The getting married part! A close second would be our first dance. I know we'll both be bawling, but in a good way. [b]5. What is one extravagance you've splurged on?[/b] We haven't really splurged on anything since we're really trying to stick to our 17K budget and I'm counting every single wedding-related expense right down to the pen used to address the invitations. I guess I did splurge on the photographer to some extent. We each picked one thing that was the most important to us; he picked a sit-down dinner and I picked photography. [b]6. Do you live in the 'burbs (south, north, east, NE, SE?), city (n/s/e/w, or area?), or are you out of state?[/b] We live in Logan Square, in the city. [b]7. Have you ever met any other knotties/nesties?[/b] I haven't yet, but I'd love to. We should plan a knottie outing! [b]8. Do you fear anything in your wedding?[/b] Not really, but that might change as the date gets closer. I have had a few pretty crazy dreams about things going wrong, though. [b]9. Do you fear anything in your marriage?[/b] We've been through a lot together, so I know we can handle pretty much anything. Sure, I have concerns about things that will drive me or him crazy, but I know we'll work everything out together. [b]10. Tell us something random![/b] Um... I started a new job yesterday and I'm a little nervous about it.
    imageimage
    BFP on Jan. 18; EDD Oct. 1
    EDD Oct. 1image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. How did you meet your FI/DH? Thru Match.com2. How long have you been engaged/how long were you engaged? we've been engaged 4 months now3. How did you get engaged? Very simply...my FI asked my parents for my hand and couldn't wait much longer after that so he asked when I was folding laundry!4. What are you looking forward to most at your wedding?Being married! 5. What is one extravagance you've splurged on?So far no major purchases that aren't moderate...6. Do you live in the 'burbs (south, north, east, NE, SE?), city (n/s/e/w, or area?), or are you out of state?NW Burbs7. Have you ever met any other knotties/nesties?Nope8. Do you fear anything in your wedding?My dad not coming9 Do you fear anything in your marriage?Nope10. Tell us something random!I've always wanted to live in Paris.
  • Options
    chosen175chosen175 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. How did you meet your FI/DH? In an aol chat room 2. How long have you been engaged/how long were you engaged? Almost 9 months 3. How did you get engaged? He put the ring box in the bottom of my Christmas stocking and I found it on Christmas morning. 4. What are you looking forward to most at your wedding? After 7+ years, a beautiful daughter, and a LOT of (im)patience on my part, I want to hear "I now pronounce you husband and wife." 5. What is one extravagance you've splurged on? Nothing yet. We're on a shoestring budget so I've been good. I DO have my heart set on a $325 set of toasting flutes, though.... 6. Do you live in the 'burbs (south, north, east, NE, SE?), city (n/s/e/w, or area?), or are you out of state? near NW burbs 7. Have you ever met any other knotties/nesties? Nope. I'm pretty shy so I doubt I would be able to do it. 8. Do you fear anything in your wedding? Not a single thing 9 Do you fear anything in your marriage? No. If I had fears or doubts, I wouldn't have agreed to marry him. 10. Tell us something random! I have a ghost that lives in my apartment that likes to set off dd's toys in the middle of the night.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. How did you meet your FI/DH?  at the UIC dorms2. How long have you been engaged/how long were you engaged?  about one year and 3 months...3. How did you get engaged?  he said we were going to a wedding at the adler, but proposed there...then had a limo come up us up for a fancy dinner at tru...and then a horse drawn carriage was waiting for us and it took us around the city....and we ended the night with fireworks at navy pier :)4. What are you looking forward to most at your wedding?  to celebrate with our family and friends5. What is one extravagance you've splurged on?  church in the city, trolley for transportation, and well the reception cost the most...6. Do you live in the 'burbs (south, north, east, NE, SE?), city (n/s/e/w, or area?), or are you out of state?  north side of the city7. Have you ever met any other knotties/nesties?  i know kermiefrg and coletteelizabeth...and ainslie is a coworker's fiance8. Do you fear anything in your wedding?  haha, just had a nightmare last night that i forgot everything we needed at the reception at home9 Do you fear anything in your marriage?  nope :)10. Tell us something random!  i can't wait to get out of work! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. How did you meet your FI/DH? ** We had the same major in college 2. How long have you been engaged/how long were you engaged? ** 5 months 3. How did you get engaged? ** He made me dinner (rare occurrence) and asked me at home after dinner. 4. What are you looking forward to most at your wedding? ** Being married. Also, wearing my dress! 5. What is one extravagance you've splurged on? ** The venue was more than we expected, but we did it because we thought it was perfect. 6. Do you live in the 'burbs (south, north, east, NE, SE?), city (n/s/e/w, or area?), or are you out of state? ** In the city - Lincoln Square 7. Have you ever met any other knotties/nesties? **Nope 8. Do you fear anything in your wedding? ** Not yet. I still have almost a year to think about it though. 9 Do you fear anything in your marriage? ** No 10. Tell us something random! **I have a pet turtle.
    Married!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. How did you meet your FI/DH? MATCH.COM!!2. How long have you been engaged/how long were you engaged? Been engaged since Dec 6, 083. How did you get engaged?Long story short---went downtown for the weekend, he proposed at Christkindlemarket beneath the giant tree, had both our families waiting in a trolley around the corner to celebrate right after. Finished with an amazing engagement dinner at Le Colonial with our families...All a HUGE surprise!!!4. What are you looking forward to most at your wedding? I cant wait to see eachother for the first time on our wedding day! Also, Our ceremony location is gorgeous-weather pending. 5. What is one extravagance you've splurged on? Honeymoon is about $14000....6. Do you live in the 'burbs (south, north, east, NE, SE?), city (n/s/e/w, or area?), or are you out of state? Elgin, so I guess (north-ish) west burbs7. Have you ever met any other knotties/nesties?NOPE8. Do you fear anything in your wedding?Bad weather. Running behind schedule. Vendors not showing up or sucking. Dinner service not to par. No one dancing and obsessing over the photobooth---ALL things that will most likely NOT happen9 Do you fear anything in your marriage? Not really10. Tell us something random! I saw a shooting star on my way home from work tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. How did you meet your FI/DH?   Through a personally ad on craigslist.com it was listed in the Strictly Palotanic section.  He was looking for a wedding date since he was the best man at his best friend's wedding.  2. How long have you been engaged/how long were you engaged?     We have been engaged for about 9 months 3. How did you get engaged?     He proposed to me on his couch under our christmas tree. We had a 4' tree on an end table.4. What are you looking forward to most at your wedding?     Having a great party and kissing my FI in front of everyone.  Right now we do not PDA in front of his family but when we are married look out, I am going to be all over him.5. What is one extravagance you've splurged on?    Nothing at this point.6. Do you live in the 'burbs (south, north, east, NE, SE?), city (n/s/e/w, or area?), or are you out of state?     I live right in Chicago, 1 mile north of wrigley field in Uptown.7. Have you ever met any other knotties/nesties?   There was a Get-to-together at Rock Bottom downtown that I wanted to go too but at that point in time I was a huge lurker on the boards.8. Do you fear anything in your wedding?    That my mom will ruin it.  Never fails any major event since I was 5 my mom had made be upset and cry.  Kindergarten graduation, honor assemblies, picture day, bring you mom to school day, HS dances, prom, friends weddings, open houses, first time she met FI's family, whatever it always happens.9 Do you fear anything in your marriage?    That my FI will become controlling.  That our sex life will die.  That he will become super comfortable and gain tons of weight.  That he will want to be alone all the time, like a hermit.10. Tell us something random!    I own two dogs.  A jack rusell terrier named Charlie (5)and a dachshund named Toby (4). I love candy and trashy TV.  I do not like any bugs I freak out.  I have a brother named David and my favorite color is Blue.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. How did you meet your FI/DH? At Valparaiso University 2. How long have you been engaged/how long were you engaged? About 4 and a half months- it will be 14 months at the wedding 3. How did you get engaged? He asked me the day before his birthday, as marrying me would be the best birthday present ever ;) 4. What are you looking forward to most at your wedding? The ceremony and vows 5. What is one extravagance you've splurged on? The reception is the biggest cost 6. Do you live in the 'burbs (south, north, east, NE, SE?), city (n/s/e/w, or area?), or are you out of state? Oh jeez. Well, I have a place in the NW side of the city, where I teach, but I spend alot of time at Dan's place in Oak Park, my parents' house in Naperville, and his parents' house in Villa Park. 7. Have you ever met any other knotties/nesties? Nope 8. Do you fear anything in your wedding? I have a small bladder. I fear spending a ton of reception time in the bathroom. 9 Do you fear anything in your marriage? Nah 10. Tell us something random! I'm a high school English and Spanish teacher
    7/10/10 imageDandy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. How I met my FI? Match.com about 3 years ago 2. We have been enagaged for 9 months. 3. When and how we got engaged? Decemeber 18, 2009...he wame home from bowling and it was snowing outside and he called me to open the door for him and I gave him attitude about it and he just said "open the damn door" and he was on one knee and asked me to marry him.... 4. What do I look forward to most at the wedding? This is a hard one because I look forward to everything...Probably the first time we are announced as Mr & Mrs at the ceremony and then the first dance... 5. What have I splurged on? The reception venue...it is more than we really wanted to spend, but I have always had my heart on the reception at Brookfield Zoo... 6. I am from the SW 'burbs 7. I have not met any other knotties or nesters. 8. Do I fear anythng about the wedidng? This is a hard one...I think I fear that it is going to rain... 9. Do I fear anything in our marriage? Nope...we are a great team and communicate well with each other...I LOVE HIM to death :) 10. We have 2 kids....4 y/o and 5 mos...boys...this wedding should be interesting...my advice: hire a private babysitter
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll be the first married knottie to play....1. How did you meet your FI/DH? When I was studying abroad in Paris (he was living there for work). His friend from college had just started dating the girl I became roommates with. His friend came to visit and the 4 of us went out to dinner...the rest is history.2. How long have you been engaged/how long were you engaged?We were engaged for 15 months.3. How did you get engaged?He surprised me after work one day. He told me he was cooking dinner, but when I walked into our condo he was down on one knee. He then told me he had another surprise - he had bought me a dress and made reservations to my favorite restaurant for dinner.4. What are you looking forward to most at your wedding?The best part of the wedding day was the fact that it was an amazing party and we were truly surrounded by our close family and friends. Especially given that 90% of our guest list lives in California or on the east coast.5. What is one extravagance you've splurged on?Our venue. It was amazing and some of the best money we spent.6. Do you live in the 'burbs (south, north, east, NE, SE?), city (n/s/e/w, or area?), or are you out of state?We live in the city in Bucktown.7. Have you ever met any other knotties/nesties?Nope. I wanted to go to the GTG that was planned, but the date chosen ended up being our wedding weekend. 8. Do you fear anything in your wedding?I was nervous that the band would be bad and no one would dance/not have a good time. That and my mother has a knack for driving me crazy at important times. Neither of those things happened and it was the perfect day.9 Do you fear anything in your marriage?Not really. 10. Tell us something random!I have been driving back and forth to Aurora every day for my dog, so he can get radiation treatments. He was diagnosed with a malignant osteosarcoma (bone cancer tumor) a week after we got back from our honeymoon =(
  • Options
    schaiblejenschaiblejen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. How did you meet your FI/DH?-- At Mad River during a happy hour...    2. How long have you been engaged/how long were you engaged?--15 months3. How did you get engaged?-- at a winery in Traverse City MI4. What are you looking forward to most at your wedding?-- For it to finally be here, to see him for the first time, to actually be married5. What is one extravagance you've splurged on?--Having it in the city is costing twice as much, but since I moved to Chicago, i couldnt imagine it anywhere else6. Do you live in the 'burbs (south, north, east, NE, SE?), city (n/s/e/w, or area?), or are you out of state?-- City, Roscoe Village7. Have you ever met any other knotties/nesties?-- Nope8. Do you fear anything in your wedding?-- That it rains, but I cant control that9 Do you fear anything in your marriage?--Not really10. Tell us something random!--I  can start stalking the weather forcast as of today for my wedding!!!  10 days!!!
  • Options
    sandra78sandra78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. How did you meet your FI/DH?we met through friends at a party2. How long have you been engaged/how long were you engaged?we were engaged for about 16 months3. How did you get engaged?we got engaged on a trip to key west4. What are you looking forward to most at your wedding?our wedding already passed and we had looked forward to having all of our friends and family surrounding us on such a great day. it was great to see everyone close to use, 5. What is one extravagance you've splurged on?i splurged on my dress and photography6. Do you live in the 'burbs (south, north, east, NE, SE?), city (n/s/e/w, or area?), or are you out of state?i live downtown. before i lived here, i lived in the northeast suburbs and before that i lived out of state.7. Have you ever met any other knotties/nesties?i have but not actually planned. it was while trying on dresses8. Do you fear anything in your wedding?it went over pretty smooth! don't fear your wedding!9 Do you fear anything in your marriage?i don't fear anything so much, i sometimes worry about layoffs but that is about it10. Tell us something random!i'm on my third cup of coffee
  • Options
    NoronNoron member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. How did you meet your FI/DH? We worked two jobs together in the summer of '04.2. How long have you been engaged/how long were you engaged? Since November 1, 2008...so 10 months?3. How did you get engaged? He told me we had a dinner reservation and had a present waiting for me before we left.  I opened the box to find a shirt that said "Future Mrs. Hislastname" - when I turned around he was down on one knee.  An additional surprise: my parents and his parents were hiding in the bushes in front of our condo, ready to celebrate!4. What are you looking forward to most at your wedding? Being married.  Not having to pay vendors any more.5. What is one extravagance you've splurged on? I guess our reception hall?  But we've been pretty good about keeping everything in budget.  And we've gotten some great deals.6. Do you live in the 'burbs (south, north, east, NE, SE?), city (n/s/e/w, or area?), or are you out of state? North side of the city - Albany Park.7. Have you ever met any other knotties/nesties? No8. Do you fear anything in your wedding? I fear a bilzzard.9 Do you fear anything in your marriage? Things that can't be predicted or controlled, I guess. Death, job loss...happy things like that.10. Tell us something random! FI is getting his second bachelor's to become a high school P.E. teacher.  In high school, I was the girl that wore fishnets under her P.E. uniform and cut out of class early to smoke in the bathroom.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    January 2, 2010
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    EDD October 10, 2013
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. How did you meet your FI/DH?We met at work in 2001-I was an intern and he just started there as an assistant but the idea of him and I did not cross my mind and we were sorta-friends until 2007! We started hanging out more and more and we both developed crushes on each other..hard core! We still work at the same place too!2. How long have you been engaged/how long were you engaged?Since November 22, 2008-the engagement will be just over 13 months total! 3. How did you get engaged?He told me he had to help his parents with yard work one Saturday and blew me off,  he went and bought the ring, came home and couldn't wait to ask me so he sat me down and started talking. I really thought by the tone of his voice that he was going to tell me bad news (like he cheated or something ridiculous) and then when he proposed I thought he was joking and got mad and started crying!! It was only when I saw the box that I knew it was real! I acted like a fool!4. What are you looking forward to most at your wedding?There are so many things...wearing my dress, seeing him for the first time, our first introduction, I could go on, having fun with our families!5. What is one extravagance you've splurged on?The venue and my shoes!!!6. Do you live in the 'burbs (south, north, east, NE, SE?), city (n/s/e/w, or area?), or are you out of state?Just moved from the north side of the city to his ( I mean our) condo in Schaumburg7. Have you ever met any other knotties/nesties?No8. Do you fear anything in your wedding?That it will be a snow storm, that my vendors won't show, that I am going to fall walking down the aisle, that I am going to sob and have mascara running down my face, that the food will be terrible, you know the normal things!9 Do you fear anything in your marriage?I have no fears whatsoever. this is the best thing in my life!10. Tell us something random!I had a dream last night that every diamond in my engagement ring fell out the day before my wedding and I had to wear it without the diamonds! LOL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    TWiNKflyTWiNKfly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. How did you meet your FI/DH? At work... he was the boss ... eek! ;)2. How long have you been engaged/how long were you engaged? We were engaged for 1.5 years and married for almost 1!3. How did you get engaged? On the beach in Florida. He told this man to take a picture of us and then surprised me by pulling out a ring in the middle of the picture!4. What are you looking forward to most at your wedding?Well, if I can remember, I think I was most looking forward to the ceremony and it didn't let me down! It was magical.5. What is one extravagance you've splurged on? We splurged on the videographer and venue.6. Do you live in the 'burbs (south, north, east, NE, SE?), city (n/s/e/w, or area?), or are you out of state? I was living in Georgia while planning our wedding but now I live in the city! (Bucktown)7. Have you ever met any other knotties/nesties? No, oddly! I'm friends with some on FB I think and e-mail with them, though.8. Do you fear anything in your wedding? I feared not following the timeline and we pretty much stayed on target!9 Do you fear anything in your marriage? Just that bad circumstances in life will negatively effect our relationship. But thankfully that hasn't happened, even through a huge move, my husband's job loss and other crazy stuff! I hope it always stays this way.10. Tell us something random! I haven't been on this board in like four months!
  • Options
    January BrideJanuary Bride member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    1. How did you meet your FI/DH?  Technically we think we met when we were 4 in preschool, but since we can't find the class photo to prove this, we KNOW we met when we were 13 at high school orientation and at band practice - we met playing in the high school marching band. 2. How long have you been engaged/how long were you engaged?  We were engaged for 17 months3. How did you get engaged?  He tried to propose on a cruise, but they lost our luggage (we wore the same clothes for 7 days - yuck) so he ended up having to propose in Chicago instead when we got back.  He proposed on the Navy Pier ferris wheel, which was cute. 4. What are you looking forward to most at your wedding?  I was most looking forward to seeing our family and friends and also looking forward to all the photos (photobooth, friends' cameras, professional photos)5. What is one extravagance you've splurged on?  We splurged on the video and the venue. 6. Do you live in the 'burbs (south, north, east, NE, SE?), city (n/s/e/w, or area?), or are you out of state?  We live in the south side of Chicago7. Have you ever met any other knotties/nesties?  Yes, a ton!  I even had about 7 former knotties attend my wedding.  8. Do you fear anything in your wedding?  I feared the weather and whether people would make it to the wedding okay or whether we could take outdoor photos.  Luckily it worked out great.  9 Do you fear anything in your marriage?  Not our relationship, but kind of like Twink said...life throws hard challenges at you and I worry too much about those sometimes.10. Tell us something random!  I am a HUGE college football fan.
  • Options
    rouhasrouhas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. How did you meet your FI/DH?  We went to High School Together2. How long have you been engaged/how long were you engaged? We were engaged for 14 months (way to long in my book).3. How did you get engaged? On vacation.  We went on a cruise and he proposed as the ship was leaving port.  Not my dream engagement b/c there were thousands of people around and I learned I get seasick easily.  4. What are you looking forward to most at your wedding?  I most looked forward to having all of our friends and family together in the same place to celebrate.  I know that will never happen again!5. What is one extravagance you've splurged on? My gift to my husband and our honeymoon.6. Do you live in the 'burbs (south, north, east, NE, SE?), city (n/s/e/w, or area?), or are you out of state? Burbs.. Hoffman Estates7. Have you ever met any other knotties/nesties? No :(8. Do you fear anything in your wedding?  I have a tendency to have anxiety attacks that cause me to throw up.  I was hoping I didn't have one... which I didn't!!!  Yay!9 Do you fear anything in your marriage? Never having his family understand that they need to back off.  10. Tell us something random!  We adopted a puppy about a month and a half ago!  Our family is growing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. How did you meet your FI/DH?At work…I made a big impression on him apparently when I smiled and said hi one random day after he started. 2. How long have you been engaged/how long were you engaged?We’ve been engaged for almost 7 weeks!!! 3. How did you get engaged?He made me a fabulous dinner at his home and right before dinner told me he had a gift for me. I opened it and it was a Limoges box in the shape of a Marshall Field’s Frango box. I’m thinking how awesome it is and as I open the box and see the ring inside, he gets down on one knee and starts proposing…I was in shock and remember little J 4. What are you looking forward to most at your wedding?Being done with it! And my dress and the cake! 5. What is one extravagance you've splurged on? Not much, but the reception is definitely going to cost more than I had hoped.6. Do you live in the 'burbs (south, north, east, NE, SE?), city (n/s/e/w, or area?), or are you out of state?I’m in Oak Park and he’s in Lisle 7. Have you ever met any other knotties/nesties? Nope8. Do you fear anything in your wedding? Not really, maybe that I'll be so nervous I won't really enjoy it as much as I should. 9 Do you fear anything in your marriage? That I’m not going to get enough “alone” time.10. Tell us something random! I should be creating a catalog of page of torx bits instead of reading/posting here
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. How did you meet your FI/DH?in the military2. How long have you been engaged/how long were you engaged?will be about 16 months3. How did you get engaged?when both of us returned home, and we had a great week around our friends and fam4. What are you looking forward to most at your wedding?looking good, feeling good, and partying hard!5. What is one extravagance you've splurged on?shoes and pictures6. Do you live in the 'burbs (south, north, east, NE, SE?), city (n/s/e/w, or area?), or are you out of state?i travel a lot since i am in the military7. Have you ever met any other knotties/nesties?nope8. Do you fear anything in your wedding?nope9 Do you fear anything in your marriage?as a military bride, i always have a slight fear in me that something could happen to either of us while we are stationed.10. Tell us something random!i've jumped out of a plane before ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. How did you meet your FI/DH?  We worked at the same restaurant together...but not for long, because once we started dating, we couldn't work together anymore :-)2. How long have you been engaged/how long were you engaged? We have been engaged since Christmas of '08.3. How did you get engaged? Under the Christmas tree at 3 in the morning...he just couldn't wait until he next morning!4. What are you looking forward to most at your wedding? Becoming husband and wife5. What is one extravagance you've splurged on? We've been pretty good staying within our budget...6. Do you live in the 'burbs (south, north, east, NE, SE?), city (n/s/e/w, or area?), or are you out of state? Northern Surburbs7. Have you ever met any other knotties/nesties? Nope, I can never seem to make the events...8. Do you fear anything in your wedding? For some reason I have had horrible nightmares about things going wrong, but when I am awake, I am am just really excited...9 Do you fear anything in your marriage? Like so many other girls here, I don't fear much about our relationship, just those things I can't control...10. Tell us something random! Although born and raised in the Chicagoland area, I learned how to speak Ukrainian before I learned how to speak English, and that wasn't until I started going to school...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. How did you meet your FI/DH? We went to HS together....and JH. But we met because a friend of mine started dating a friend of his. We've been together for more then 9 years.....sorry to say our friends didn't last. 2. How long have you been engaged/how long were you engaged? We've been engaged for 14 months. 3. How did you get engaged? We both grew up in Addison. I LOVE fireworks. We go to the Addison fireworks every year. Well last 4th of July he proposed during the fireworks. It was so cute because he was so nervous and he kept asking me "is this the finale?" He asked about 4 times. LOL. Finally he couldn't wait any longer so he just did it! 4. What are you looking forward to most at your wedding? Two things.....finally being a MRS and also having a huge party! Spending time with family and friends! 5. What is one extravagance you've splurged on? The hall....and the photographer 6. Do you live in the 'burbs (south, north, east, NE, SE?), city (n/s/e/w, or area?), or are you out of state? NW suburbs 7. Have you ever met any other knotties/nesties? Nope.....I wanted to go to a few GTG but they are all in the city and during the week. I could never make it after work. 8. Do you fear anything in your wedding? Um....something bad happening to someone. Forgetting something. I keep having this overwhelming feeling that I'm going to forget something important. Also, I'm worried it's going to go by all to quick and I won't have time to do anything. Everyone always says sit back and enjoy your day. I'm just worried we won't have time to do everything.....talk to everyone, mingle, eat, enjoy, take it all in, get all the pics we want, do all the wedding stuff before people leave, dance, drink. Too much to do! LOL 9 Do you fear anything in your marriage? Nope....we've been together for 9 years. And lived together for more then 2 years. I think we've got it down.... 10. Tell us something random! We're going to get our marriage license today! I can't believe the wedding is in 17 days!
  • Options
    Sparkette19Sparkette19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. How did you meet your FI/DH?We met freshman year in college when he asked me to his frat's initiation dance; didn't talk for many years after that and randomly ran into him at a bar2. How long have you been engaged/how long were you engaged?We've been engaged since 7/3/083. How did you get engaged?He planned a picnic but thought it was going to rain so we had an indoor picnic (which I didn't "get" at the time)4. What are you looking forward to most at your wedding?I can't wait for him to see me in my dress for the first time5. What is one extravagance you've splurged on?I think our reception venue is pretty pricey; but then again I think everything is pricey6. Do you live in the 'burbs (south, north, east, NE, SE?), city (n/s/e/w, or area?), or are you out of state?NE burbs - EGV7. Have you ever met any other knotties/nesties?nope8. Do you fear anything in your wedding?Not having enough money at the end of the planning for something that I really want. Basically being told I can't have something. (I sound so childish) 9 Do you fear anything in your marriage?I fear nothing about marriage as long as we're fighting the good fight together. ....There is one thing though, I don't know what I'll do if the Sox win another World Series before the Cubs. We'll have major issues. 10. Tell us something random!I think I just discovered that I have an addiction to peanut butter. I just sat and ate what feels like 1/2 cup of the delicious, creamy, velvety delight and didn't bat an eyelash. Gross!
    When you're born in Chicago you're blessed and you're healed the first time you walk into Wrigley Field. My Bio
  • Options
    Elizabeth7277Elizabeth7277 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. How did you meet your FI/DH? On-line2. How long have you been engaged/how long were you engaged? 2 1/2 years3. How did you get engaged? Very romantic with candles and he read a poem he wrote for me called "The One"4. What are you looking forward to most at your wedding? Being married, and of course the honeymoon.5. What is one extravagance you've splurged on? the imp. things I thought which are the site, the photographer and the honeymoon (which is actually cheaper than most). I do have to say though maybe the dress is also a splurge but my mom paid for most of it. 6. Do you live in the 'burbs (south, north, east, NE, SE?), city (n/s/e/w, or area?), or are you out of state? Live in West burbs near Elmhurst.7. Have you ever met any other knotties/nesties? Not yet8. Do you fear anything in your wedding? I don't want to forget anything and I put a lot of faith and trust in our vendors which so far I have had no problems. 9 Do you fear anything in your marriage? Not a single bit. In fact we could not be more perfect together and we knew from the start which is why we were engaged 2 mos after meeting. 10. Tell us something random! I can roll my tongue.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. During my freshman year of college (his sophomore year) FI's fraternity was paired with my sorority for Homecoming. 2. We officially got engaged in August, but he asked me in May. Officially though, our engagement will only be 7 months. 3. He hid the ring in my 1-year-old daughter's pocket while the three of us were out on a picnic. It was really sweet. 4. Walking down the aisle5. The reception food & open PREMIUM bar - we're paying a lot to make sure our guests enjoy themselves. 6. NW burbs7. Nope8. Going way over budget. We're doing okay so far.9. We're starting out with a 1-year-old - she's been 2 in May. He's still a bachelor so I'm just worried about how our family will mesh together. 10. I'm from the Chicago burbs and FI grew up on a farm. We're moving to Missouri after the wedding. We are the prime example of a country boy and a city girl!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. How did you meet your FI/DH? Short story version "through friends at a bar" 2. How long have you been engaged/how long were you engaged? 17 months 3. How did you get engaged? He told me it wouldn't happen over Christmas and suprised me at home with roses, the ring and champagne 4. What are you looking forward to most at your wedding? We loved every minute of our wedding. I looked forward being there with my best friend, family and friends. Its awesome to have all the people who mean so much to you in your life to be in one place. 5. What is one extravagance you've splurged on? Photography. SOOOO worth it. 6. Do you live in the 'burbs (south, north, east, NE, SE?), city (n/s/e/w, or area?), or are you out of state? Chicago, North side 7. Have you ever met any other knotties/nesties? Yes. 8. Do you fear anything in your wedding? For a while I feared that I would be an absolute wreck (time wise) and emotional one too. 9 Do you fear anything in your marriage? Our first blow out argument that gets to the overboiling point. We've had arguments before, but not to that level. 10. Tell us something random! I'm in a couple of movies as an extra.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. How did you meet your FI/DH?At a bar in Chicago2. How long have you been engaged/how long were you engaged?We were engaged for exactly 13 months.3. How did you get engaged?After getting ready for bed one night - in my pjs, glasses and no makeup - before I got back from the bathroom, he turned the lights off and put the ring (in a lighted box) on my pillow. 4. What are you looking forward to most at your wedding?I loved seeing him for the first time.5. What is one extravagance you've splurged on?Photographer and Videographer6. Do you live in the 'burbs (south, north, east, NE, SE?), city (n/s/e/w, or area?), or are you out of state?Lived in the city's Southport corridor/lincoln park area for a while, but bought a house about a year ago in the NW burbs.7. Have you ever met any other knotties/nesties? Nope.8. Do you fear anything in your wedding?I feared not staying on time.  Of course we didn't!9 Do you fear anything in your marriage?Not really.10. Tell us something random!We still haven't sent out our thank you notes and its been almost 3 months!  (But I work a ton of hours - so I have an excuse!)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. How did you meet your FI/DH? at a Halloween party through mutual friends. 2. How long have you been engaged/how long were you engaged? 16 months so far with another 11 to go (which is wayyyy too long!!!! but we had decided we wanted to get married and I wanted to finish grad school and save some money first, so it just happened to be way longer than I ever expected or really wanted) 3. How did you get engaged? on the beach in Puerto Rico 4. What are you looking forward to most at your wedding? Seeing him for the first time when I walk into the church. 5. What is one extravagance you've splurged on? We haven't really yet, we can't afford to. I did have the florist include a pretty extravagant, unnecessary, expensive placecard table centerpiece in the proposal that I hope we will splurge on, but we haven't decided yet. 6. Do you live in the 'burbs (south, north, east, NE, SE?), city (n/s/e/w, or area?), or are you out of state? I just moved from Lakeview to NYC for 3 months. Not sure where we're going when I'm done here. 7. Have you ever met any other knotties/nesties? nope 8. Do you fear anything in your wedding? that his a lot of his friends/family wont come because they are all out of state, that I'll be all red and blotchy (which happens when I'm too warm) for the ceremony, that I'll spill something dark on my dress, that no one will dance/have fun. 9 Do you fear anything in your marriage? that we'll never find a cat to adopt who will get along with his dog! 10. Tell us something random! I drink too much diet coke.
  • Options
    lmb5109lmb5109 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. How did you meet your FI/DH?Match.com2. How long have you been engaged/how long were you engaged?364 days!3. How did you get engaged?He proposed at Maggiano's downtown Chicago before we celebrated his 29th birthday4. What are you looking forward to most at your wedding?Seeing DH as I walked down the aisle. We were both crying!5. What is one extravagance you've splurged on?Linens & chivari chairs. I didn't need them but I WANTED them!6. Do you live in the 'burbs (south, north, east, NE, SE?), city (n/s/e/w, or area?), or are you out of state?City, Rogers Park7. Have you ever met any other knotties/nesties?Yep, 3. One I know in real life. One did my flowers for my wedding, and one I met on our honeymoon!8. Do you fear anything in your wedding?I feared no one would dance....it didn't happen!9 Do you fear anything in your marriage?DH got laid off 2 weeks after we got back from the honeymoon, so it's been a challenging start to the marriage but it'll make us stronger in the long run. 10. Tell us something random!I can't live w/o Chipotle!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. How did you meet your FI/DH? We met in kindergarten! 2. How long have you been engaged/how long were you engaged? a little over two weeks, although we've been "unofficially" planning for a while 3. How did you get engaged? He took me to my favorite place on campus (U of I), the arboretum. There was a note on my door when I got home from work to get in my car and follow the directions on my GPS. It took me to this beautiful garden, and he was there in the middle. Then he proposed! 4. What are you looking forward to most at your wedding? I'm not sure yet! I'm really excited for the whole thing 5. What is one extravagance you've splurged on? Nothing yet--we've only done the reception and the ceremony locations so far 6. Do you live in the 'burbs (south, north, east, NE, SE?), city (n/s/e/w, or area?), or are you out of state? I'm in Champaign right now! Moving to Chicago next summer 7. Have you ever met any other knotties/nesties? nope 8. Do you fear anything in your wedding? Going way over budget and not having the money! 9 Do you fear anything in your marriage? not at all 10. Tell us something random! I'm a grad student at U of I and terrified of entering the "real world"!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards