Illinois-Chicago
Options

New knottie on board....coordinator recommendations anyone?

Hello everyone, my name is Andrea. I've been silently scanning this board since I got engaged last month. I live in Michigan but my fiance and I have decided to get married in Chicago. Any recommendations for coordinators or people we should stay away from? Thanks for you time! I look forward to getting to know you ladies:) 

Re: New knottie on board....coordinator recommendations anyone?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    No recs but I wanted to say congrats and happy planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I too live in Michigan- but we are getting married in Chicago next week! (we're both from there so it made more sense)Good luck with the planning!
  • Options
    liv.n.danliv.n.dan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations. I am using Misse from Honey bee weddings as my day of, she does more involved planning too. Her blog: http://honeybeeweddings.blogspot.com/ Her email: misse@honeybeeweddings.com She has been amazing. My vendors all know her and have worked with her before, which puts me at ease. And they all sing her praises. She has also worked with friends of mine who loved her. From one Michigander to anotoher good luck and happy planning!
  • Options
    s2bmrshousleys2bmrshousley member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lauren at Simply Eventful Parties... Good Luck Planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Andrea! Someone just recently asked for the same thing and got some great referrals! I can't figure out how to make the link work so here is everything from the post: I hope this helps! Congrats! Day of coordinator? From: Daysr45 Date: 8/22/2009 at 9:56 AM Hi guys, SO .. I desperately need your help! I have been searching for a day of coordinator for our Oct. 9th and would like to know who everyone else is using. We don't want to spend an arm and a leg and just want someone to be there to help us with the event. Any suggestions??? Thanks!! --> Replies:  Day of coordinator?--> From: duckie11905 Date: 8/22/2009 at 10:35 AM We used Amanda with Ladi Events. She was great and much more reasonably priced that the other DOCs I interviewed. Full review in bio. Vendor Reviews! Wedding Pictures! -->  Day of coordinator?--> From: January Bride Date: 8/22/2009 at 11:24 AM Hi Days - I have a few different people/companies to recommend. If you want to e-mail me you can. pattison dot jennifer at gmail dot com. My Bio! Vendor Reviews Married Bio In Progress Including For Sale -->  Day of coordinator?--> From: kellylynn2 Date: 8/22/2009 at 12:08 PM I will also be using Amanda from La'di events. She is very nice and organized. She is also very reasonable. Good luck! -->  Day of coordinator?--> From: mariannebride Date: 8/22/2009 at 10:40 PM Hi! I'm using Shannon, the owner of Shannon Gail Weddings and Events. I contacted her after a bunch of ladies here referred her and couldn't be happier :) Her email is shannon@shannongail.com Good luck! Marianne "I'm almost to 100 days!" -->  Day of coordinator?--> From: WalteRose Date: 8/23/2009 at 1:37 AM We booked Anthony Navarro from Liven it Up Events. His assistant is helping us with just our reception (that's what we needed the most help with) and it ended up being very reasonably priced. -- Rose <3 -->  Day of coordinator?--> From: LynnZee333 Date: 8/23/2009 at 9:12 PM I also used Shannon. Loved her!!! -->  Day of coordinator?--> From: Monkey29 Date: 8/24/2009 at 10:04 AM I used Amy Vaught and would not recommend. Review in bio. -->  Day of coordinator?--> From: rhorowitz Date: 8/24/2009 at 11:30 AM wow i just read about your horrible experience with amy vaught. that totally sucks. sorry :( * Married Bio * -->  Day of coordinator?--> From: s2bmrshousley Date: 8/24/2009 at 11:51 AM Katie with simply eventful parties in Naperville is really reasonable. GL http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_dz9zZiCFFvE/SPdnnMYM5dI/AAAAAAAABCM/0JAG1-WgpgI/s1600-h/tietheknot.jpg -->  Day of coordinator?--> From: holt.janelle Date: 8/24/2009 at 11:47 PM I'm using Katie with Simply Eventful Parties, definitely a great price for everything that is included! -->  Day of coordinator?--> From: buttnedupbride Date: 8/30/2009 at 10:35 PM Hi, I just started my own company after planning at the Shedd Aquarium for a long time. I have references I could send you as well but check out my website and let me know if you'd like to chat and see if we might be a good fit to work together!anticipationevents.comThanks!Elizabeth -->  Day of coordinator?--> From: duckie11905 Date: 9/1/2009 at 4:36 PM no vendors allowed Vendor Reviews! Wedding Pictures! -->  Day of coordinator?--> From: sillygrl09 Date: 9/7/2009 at 7:22 PM I'm using Misse Daniel of Honey Bee Weddings and am SUPER excited. I, like you, didn't want to spend a fortune on our DOC and was pleasantly surprised with her rates (especially after reading all of her rave reviews on Yelp and Project Wedding). Good Luck!! :) Chicago Weddings -->  Day of coordinator?--> From: clontilla Date: 9/10/2009 at 4:31 PM I used Shannon Gail too! Nothing but wonderful things to say about her. She went above and beyond what a Day Of Coordinator should do including having all of my programs and menus printed for me the week before the wedding. Definitely the best money I spent! Christina -->  Day of coordinator?--> From: cokonyc Date: 9/11/2009 at 2:35 PM After a lot of thought, I decided to hire a DOC for my wedding next May (I know, a lot of time still)in Lake Forest, especially because I'm planning the wedding from New York. I contacted a bunch of people, but Shannon from ShannonGail was amazing. She's so friendly, honest, and understanding. Some of the other DOCs I contacted (even some with amazing reviews) were brusque and it felt like I was a nuisance to them. Shannon is the exact opposite. She wrote me novelesque emails explaining everything and answering every little question I had!If you book with her, please let her know you were referred by me! Christina! Good luck and happy planning! -->
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards