Illinois-Chicago
Options

Gifts for Ushers/Readers?

Hi All! Are most people buying a little something for the ushers and readers at the ceremony, or is a thoughtful card enough? It's hard to find a nice, inexpensive but not cheap looking gift for them! TIA!

Re: Gifts for Ushers/Readers?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have two female readers and I did a lotion and candle from Bath & Body with a card, simple but a little something extra
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am borrowing an idea from a wedding I read at.  I received a Willow Tree figurine called "love"  for reading. I still have it up in my place and think about her wedding five years later.  I think its about $25.We got our ushers the same thing as the groomsmen since they have to rent a tux that is the same price as the groomsmen. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Both of our readers were close girlfriends of mine that love jewelry and chocolate-who doesn't, right?  I bought each of them a pair of sterling silver earrings that fit their personality from Kohl's on a 60% off sale-ended up being around $10-$12 a pair and they loved them!  As for the chocolate-I put in a bag of lindt truffles in a flavor they would enjoy.  We didn't require our ushers to rent tuxes-they bought suits that they could use over and over again for work.  We got them a hat of their favorite sports team (on a crazy sale thru lids.com), ties to go with the suit, and a pair of aviator sunglasses (nothing too fancy).  HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We don't have ushers, but we will probably buy our readers a bottle of wine. We all like wine.
    7/10/10 imageDandy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will be getting our readers each a bookmark and either a candle or bottle of wine. We are treating the ushers as groomsmen, and got them each a Garcia necktie. on another note, are you getting those that are presenting the gifts anything?
  • Options
    DaniGirl2939DaniGirl2939 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know this question wasn't directed towards me (and now that I think about it, may not even help you), but, we ARE getting gifts for our 2 people that are taking up the gifts.  They are FI nieces (one's 4 and the other's 16)...so that will be pretty easy. To answer the question...my 2 cousin's are ushes (12 and 15) so we're just getting them things they would like...my 12 yr old cousin really wants a specific nerf gun...so I'm like "cool...one gift down".  2 of our readers are part of our bridal party and the other is FI's uncle...which I have no idea what to get.  He's one of those "has everything, doesn't need anything" type of guy...but I think we may go wth wine as well.  You can't go wrong there right?
  • Options
    raeynraeyn member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our ushers will not be required to rent tuxes, just asking that they wear black. However, we are treating them similar to the groomsmen because they will be helping out in lots of ways and we are just as close friends with them as we are with the rest of the wedding party. They will also be in the wedding party photos with us. The only reader we are having is one of the ushers. We still haven't decided what to get any of the wedding party members or ushers, but we'll probably spend about $50 on ushers and $80 on bridesmaids and groomsmen.
    imageimage
    BFP on Jan. 18; EDD Oct. 1
    EDD Oct. 1image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards