Illinois-Chicago
Options

Where is your wedding ceremony and reception???

Ladies, I am looking for ideas on venues in Illinois for an outdoor fall wedding.  If anyone has some ideas, I would love to hear about them.  Let me know where you are having your ceremony and reception. Thanks

Re: Where is your wedding ceremony and reception???

• Options
    edited December 2011
    suburbs or city?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How many guests?  Do you plan to have the ceremony there too?
  • Options
    chosen175chosen175 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our ceremony and reception will both take place at the Brookfield Zoo. The ceremony is in front of the small fountain by the south gate, and the reception is at a restaurant. Cantigny, Chateau Bu Sche, The Patrick Haley Mansion, and Montefiori all have outdoor ceremony/reception venues.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ours is in february and we didn't plan on any outdoor stuff for obvious reasons :o)
  • Options
    AubsAndSeanAubsAndSean member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bird Haven Greenhouse in Joliet
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Montefiori in Lemont.  I looked at about 20 locations because I wanted something different from a banquet hall.  We fell in LOVE with Montefiori.  Ceremony will be outside or in a smaller tented pavilion, cocktails by a pond with a waterfall and beautiful gardens, then reception tent/pavilion hold 250 (I think).  I am getting married in June but I bet it would be beautiful in fall as well.  Good luck!
  • Options
    jbll326jbll326 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at the Patrick Haley Mansion in Joliet. It has a stunning garden for outdoor ceremonies!We're getting married in March, so I doubt I'll be able to take advantage of the garden, but the venue is beautiful inside and out! Definitely worth checking out!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Brrokfield Zoo definately. We are having our wedding recption there next summer, but I think with the fall colors, etc, it will be perfect for a fall wedding....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards