Illinois-Chicago
Options

MOB Dresses

Hi!My mom is coming in town next week and we're going to go dress shopping for her.  I have on my list East Room in Geneva, L'Amour in Barrington, & A Joyful Occasion in Naperville. Any other recommendations?Thanks!

Re: MOB Dresses

• Options
    Sparkette19Sparkette19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom and I are going shopping for her dress on Friday. When we went shopping for my wedding dress, we both noticed that a lot of bridal shop MOB dresses were matronly and pretty expensive...not to mention they will most likely require some sort of additional alterations. We are hitting up the mall department stores to look for her dress, Woodfield, Oak Brook and the Bolingbrook Promanade.
    When you're born in Chicago you're blessed and you're healed the first time you walk into Wrigley Field. My Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My mom got her gorgeous and non-matronly dress at Nordstrom!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My mom has gotten two dresses (one in 2002 for my oldest sisters wedding and this year for mine) at That Girl Bridal Shop at That Girl Bridal Shop at 11359 S. Harlem in Worth.  My mother in law also got her dress there.  None have been too old or stuffy.  My FMIL's dress actually has a pretty decent slit in it and should be stunning.  Its a ways to go if you are up north, but both have gotten good service and are happy with their dresses. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would check department stores before going to into "special ocassion" shops.  They tend to mark up thier mercandise tremendously.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agree with pp about checking out dept stores - my mom found the best selection at Von Maur in Yorktown/Oak Brook
    IMG_2788

2/20/2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My mom found her dress from Nordstrom in Woodfield-- it was more affordable than getting a dress from a bridal salon and it is a dress she can wear again.
  • Options
    shelly&nickshelly&nick member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my mom got both of hers from Lili of Trieste in Hickory Hills I believe.  kimberly bond in orland park also has a great selection!  have fun!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards