Illinois-Chicago
Options

Head Table or No?

I am struggling with the decision whether to have a traditional head table or not. FI and I are thinking about doing a sweetheart table and then having the bridal party sit at at a regular table together (or possibly with their dates). The only thing holding us back from doing is this is that the room we are in is not a nice square shape like most rooms and so it's hard to imagine whether everyone will be able to see us adequately. our coordinator really pushes the traditional head table because she insists guests like to see the bridal party all together like that. Anyways, any comments or suggestions? What have others decided to do? Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Head Table or No?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would skip the head table idea unless you are  doing a traditional wedding and your reception space looks nice with it.  If you are doing a more modern wedding go for the sweert heart table or a bridal party table that is round and blends in with the other guests.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was in my friend's wedding this past weekend and sat at the head table. Monday morning, I emailed my hotel wedding coordinator... "No head table please!"I felt like I was on display the entire dinner which made me feel wierd. Plus the FI did not know anyone there and I felt bad abandoning him like that. For our wedding, we are sitting with our parents and siblings. It makes it better for them too to have us there to facilitate conversation since it would be the first/second time they are meeting!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Whenever I have stood up for a friend, I never liked leaving my date behind but it hadn't been my decision. And vice versa, when my fiance has stood up, I felt a little awkward if it was a wedding where I didn't know a soul sitting at a table with life long friends. Although we haven't even picked a venue yet, we already decided we will go with the sweetheart table for this very reason.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we didn't do a head table...we let our bp sit with their dates and we sat with our siblings and their dates..i don't think most people like being set up on display and ditching their dates for 2 hours.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards