Illinois-Chicago
Options

Vendor Reviews 9-5

Here is a quick review of the vendors we used for our wedding.  Please let me know if you have any questions.Magnet Street -online - AWe ordered our save the dates from here.  They were nicer than I expected and not very expensive.  We got heart shaped magnets and I was able to design it myself.  Invitations by Dawn online- BWe ordered our wedding invitations and thank you cards from here.  They turned out really nice and they were inexpensive.  There are a bunch of designs to choose from and they always have a 10% off coupon.Volle's Bridal & Boutique - Lake Zurich - A+++I loved Volle's.  On my first visit, I worked with Katie.  She was great and made the experience fun.  We talked about what I was looking for and she brought me 3 dresses  I loved them all, but chose the 3rd dress.  This was the perfect dress for me and I loved it.  I will say, they are not cheap, but they do have dresses in different price ranges.  I started with the 1,000 range and the 3 dresses I saw were so worth it.  Katie was great.  I went for alterations once.  I can't remember the ladies name, but she was also great.  Alterations came back perfect and I picked up my dress a few days before the wedding.  I can't say enough about my pleasant experience.  I would recommend them to everyone. MW Tux - AWe used MW Tux because I have a friend that works there.  Everything went very smoothly.  The guys looked great.  I would use them again.  Emperor Limousine - Elmhurst - F We went with the 25 passenger stretch hummer.  We were told we have a 15 minute window with pick-ups and drop-offs.  The day of the wedding, my Fiance got a call checking to see if we still wanted the limo at 12:05, as he was impatiently waiting for us outside.  Us girls were supposed to be picked up at 12:00, so I don't understand why 5 minutes was a big deal.  So, we go downstairs and the only things he says is that he needs the address to the church.  All this info was provided to the company twice before and I did not have it.  And he was rude about it.    My bridesmaids had to search on there phones and get the info for him.  The limo was very hot inside and we were sweating.  Also, the radio would not work and he would not help us fix it.  I was so hot and frustrated by the time I got to the church that my ceremony started 10 minutes late just so I could calm down and cool off.  Not a good start.  He then drove us to ourreception after the church.  He was rude to my bridal party the whole time and kept snapping at everyone.  He kept one of the cases of beer up front with him and told us he couldn't give it to us until we stopped, so half the ride we had no drinks.  I was very disappointed.  The seats were so low down to the grounds, it was like sitting on the floor.  Very uncomfortable.  To our bridal party, it probably looked like we got this limo for a very good price, but it was very expensive and not worth it at all.  We will be complaining to the company.  We should have known it would turn out this way when we recieved the confirmation.  There had to be at least 10 misspelled words.  It should have been a sign.  Oh well, live and learn.  Please don't put yourself through this. Admit One DJ's - Naperville -  AWe decided to go with Admit One DJ's.  I was very impressed with them when I first saw them at a bridal show.  We were also impressed when we went to meet them.  They have a few different packages, but they are not cheap.  I would say they are probably on the high end average.  However, they were exactly what we were looking for.  A couple months before the wedding, they had a "Meet the DJ" night where we got to interview different DJ's and pick our top 3.  We went with Greg.  Greg had only been Deejaying for a few years, but we were impressed with the way he answered his questions.  Greg did a great job at the wedding.  Our dance floor was never empty and he played a great variety of music.  He was great with our 22 person bridal party, including kids.  I would definitely recommend Greg. Timothy Whaley Photography - Naperville - A+This photographer is on the high end as far as price, but I was really impressed with the photography that they showed to us on our consultation.  Our photographer was also named Greg.  He was great.  He also did a great job with our rather large wedding party.  He felt like one of the group and did a great job blending in.  He was never pushy and never in the way.  He kept us laughing and kept the day fun.  I would recommend Greg for sure.  I have not seen the proofs yet.  It will be another few weeks, but I am not worried at all.  Artistic Floral Design - Schaumburg - B-I worked with Val (owner).  The flowers were beautiful, but I think they are very expensive.  We paid as much for our flowers as we did for our DJ and photobooth combined.  Val was nice and she did a great job with the flowers, but I don't think they are worth the cost.  So, for beautiful flowers, she gets an A+.  For Value, I would go with a C-.  Therefore, I gave a B-.  If you don't mind spending the money, she will make your wedding beautiful.  I just wish we didn't spend so much on flowers.  I Do Photo booths -  A+They were great.  Our guests had the best time with the photobooth and they can't stop talking about it.  The pictures were hilarious.  The two girls, working the booth, were wonderful.  I don't remember there names.  I dealt with Jeff via email to get the booth booked.  The whole experience was great and I would recommend to anyone.  It was a great idea! Seven Bridges Golf Club - Woodridge - A++++This was the best decision we made.  Roisin was wonderful to work with.  The room was perfect and the food was great.  Everything went smoothly.  I was a little concerned about this place because I could not find any reviews on the bridal boards.  I'm so glad we went with them.  The view of the golf course was beautiful and I can't wait to get our pictures back.  If you are still looking and the location works for you, please give them a chance to show you what they offer.  I don't think you will be disappointed.   Hyatt - Lisle - BThe hotel was nice and clean.  I think the communication in the planning process could have been a little better.  We were never updated with how many rooms we had booked on our block.  When I asked, I was told and the hotel was booked, so we could not add to our block.  We were able to get an additional room for a guest, but it was very difficult.  Overall, everything worked out and brunch the next day was very good as well. 

Re: Vendor Reviews 9-5

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards