Illinois-Chicago

Yeager Fotografix bankrupt

Hi, I'm a former knottie, and I just wanted to get the word out in case there are any other brides who hadn't heard.  Biff Yeager of Yeager Fotografix contacted me earlier this week to inform me that he has shut down operations and is filing bankruptcy.  I was married 10/25/08, and I have no negatives/jpeg images of my wedding, and I have no album.  Basically, I threw $3,200 into the wind.  I've recently been in contact with a July 2008 bride who does have her images, but no album.  She hadn't heard anything yet.  I thought this would be a good way to get the word out, since clearly not all of his clients have been made aware.For details, please contact me privately at kjerstin78@yahoo.com

Re: Yeager Fotografix bankrupt

• edited December 2011
    OH NO! I'm so sorry to hear this. There is NO reason why he shouldn't be able to provide you with a copy of your jpegs...that does not have anything to do with filing for bankruptcy! Good luck to you!
    imageimage
    Finally...we are Mr. & Mrs.!!! WooHoo!!!

Planning Bio
    Married Bio (Work In Progress)
  • keawanakeawana member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good luck with getting your pics..I would hate for this to happen, I wouldnt know what to do! And you should still be able to recieve your jpegs. That has nothing to do with bankruptcy...Good luck again.
  • edited December 2011
    I am so sorry that you have to deal with this. I have heard My Publisher is great. I think TheMorrisseys was the bride who used them.
  • edited December 2011
    UGh i'm so sorry to hear that...what a nightmare..i used my publisher and the book turned out great...my mil paid a boat load for basically the same thing...i got 2 for $60.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the replies and suggestions.  He's been lying to us for months now about the images and album ... now that he is filing bankruptcy, he claims everything has to be done through his lawyer so there is "proof".  Too bad the lawyer doesn't return phone calls or emails either.  Excuses, lies, totally unprofessional.  He now claims we'll get the images by 10/9.  I'll believe it when I see it. Sorry for the rant!  I checked out MyPublisher, and it looks like they have a good sale running ... 20-40% off depending on how much you order.  Thanks for the rec! 
  • edited December 2011
    i believe if you sign up for their email you get a buy one get one email...the books have to be identical but it's still a good deal.  HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    Wow! My brother and SIL used him back in 2005 (her picture was featured there with the aqua background). They loved him and told me to contact him, but never did because he was out of my price range. It's always scary when this happens! I hope he follows through.
    ~Erin~
    proud pagan
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi there, We too just heard today that Biff is going Bankrupt and are in a similar situation. Our wedding was in May '09 and he has been stringing us along for months. Today he said that he mailed the JPEG's already... I'll believe it when I see it. I asked if we would get the 3 books that we prepaid for and he confirmed that we wouldn't nor would we recievea refund. Also mentioned something about communication going through lawyer. Do not use... I repeat do not use. He has been telling sob stories about personal situation ... stuff that really shouldn't come up. I would suggest going through a larger company that might be more financially sound.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards