Illinois-Chicago

Boudoir Photography Questions

Anyone else doing these? When are you suppose to give this to your FH? Is this your wedding gift from you to him? Also, how are you presenting it? I'm not sure that I will do this as a gift yet cause I'm not sure that I understand it all. I was thinking about maybe switching it up a bit and doing vintage pinup type pix, but does this negate the purpose?

Re: Boudoir Photography Questions

• edited December 2011
    Totally depends. I had them taken last November and I gave them to DH around Christmas. We were just getting ready to move-in together as he'd just moved back from Italy, I did a few pictures with just a santa hat on...just made sense to do it then. We had also agreed not to give gifts for the wedding, so I knew I couldn't give it then. I don't think it needs any "presentation" -- he'll be floored and beyond ecstatic with just a wrapped photo album of you.
  • edited December 2011
    I have heard of girls doing it as a calandar and presting it on their one year wedding anniversary, which I think is the cutest ides. But giving it as a wedding gift would be cute too!
  • Litgirl77Litgirl77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had mine done about 6 weeks ago, and the wedding's about a month away (eeek!). It was a fantastic experience! I'm giving him the album as a wedding gift. I think he'll be shocked (in a good way!), which will be totally fun.My advice is to choose outfits and poses you're comfortable with - it'll show if you don't. If vintage is your thing - go for it!
    Married November 2009 ~ TTC since Jan 2011
    IUI #1 (unmedicated) - BFN
    IUI #2 (unmedicated) - 4/9/12 = BFP!
    Due 12/31/12 - Sam is here! (12/26/12)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I did a few vintage-y poses and outfits for my pics.  Those are some of my favorites.  I gave the album to my DH as a birthday present.  I just put the album in a box and wrapped it.  He loved it. 
    Jack

Blog!
  • edited December 2011
    I made an album with the pics on mpix.com.  I had one of my BM's deliver it to him right before the ceremony for the gift exchange and had my photographer take pictures of him getting, opening it and looking through it privately.  They are some of my favorite pictures.  As pp stated, switch up the pictures and do some pin-up style if you want to have that incorporated, otherwise I think a pin-up calendar would be pretty cool.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards