Illinois-Chicago

invitations & tux rental

For those who purchased invitations instead of DIY, how far in advance did you do that?Also, how far in advance did you reserve tuxes?  Any recommendations for what company to go with?Our wedding isn't until next summer and I'm not sure if people will think I'm crazy for looking into these items now.  Thanks!

Re: invitations & tux rental

• edited December 2011
    I don't have any advice, but I just wanted to say that I am getting married next summer and I have that same thought about people thinking I'm crazy all the time.
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married in June and we will probably order our inviations online in February. The site theamericanwedding.com allows you to request free samples, which is nice. When I called on tuxes recently they said to come in during January/February. Good luck!
  • citybride09citybride09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Formally Modern for Tuxes and they were great. The customer service is fantastic and the selection is very high quality. We had groomsmen from all over the country and they made it very easy to submit the measurements online. We picked out our tuxes I think at the 6 month mark, then had the guys submit their measurements 2-3 months before the wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards