Illinois-Chicago

freak out

FI computer crashed..along with all my wedding files!!!  I am keeping my fingers crossed that they can recover stuff. Our whole guest list with addresses, tons of templates, monograms, and programs are all on there!
GP February Siggy Challenge:
Black History Month

TTC since Feb 2012
Diagnosed with PCOS and anovulation
2 round clomid 1 round femara--no response
1st round injectables/IUI 1/31---BFP! BabyFruit Ticker

Re: freak out

• edited December 2011
    Oh No! Sometimes the data on a hard drive can be recovered- so my fingers are crossed for you! I'm going to back up now...
  • edited December 2011
    Good luck with all of this!!!I had this happen to me, ALL of my photos were GONE. Engagement photos, my FIs trip to Australia to visit me, our Australian Engagement party, TONS and TONS of photos that were very near and dear to me. I had to pay $2,000 to have my drive recovered. Worth EVERY penny. I'm a a photo NUT, and had such a sense of relief once I had my photos back. I know back up to an external hard drive BUT I HIGHLY recommend all of the Chi-Knotties EMAIL THEMSELVES their important files (wedding guest-lists, templates, vendor contracts, etc.)...anything that is vital to your wedding...email it to yourself in case this were to happen!!!While we're on this subject...something else to consider. Scan/Email a copy of your drivers license, state ID, passport, credit cards (front and back) and medical ID cards and email them to yourself in case you are traveling and they're stolen. I had my purse stolen one year in Vegas and thank GOD I had all of my stuff in my Yahoo mail, I was able to go to the front desk and they printed everything for me. Truthfully I was more concerned with having an ID w/me so I could still hit the bars...but it's good to have that stuff.
    imageimage
    Finally...we are Mr. & Mrs.!!! WooHoo!!!

Planning Bio
    Married Bio (Work In Progress)
  • edited December 2011
    try looking up drivesavers
  • edited December 2011
    You could also try Best Buy's geek squad?
    imageimage
    Finally...we are Mr. & Mrs.!!! WooHoo!!!

Planning Bio
    Married Bio (Work In Progress)
  • edited December 2011
    FI brought it into a place on in our neighborhood and they said it shouldn't be a problem to recover the stuff (for $40).  I am keeping my fingers crossed and everyone else please back stuff up!!!
    GP February Siggy Challenge:
    Black History Month

TTC since Feb 2012
    Diagnosed with PCOS and anovulation
    2 round clomid 1 round femara--no response
    1st round injectables/IUI 1/31---BFP! BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards