Illinois-Chicago

Reception Sites Near Oak Brook (Western Suburbs)?

Does anyone have any recommendations for reception sites around Oak Brook?  We'll probably have 200-225 guests. So far everything we've looked at (in-laws' country club, Hyatt Lodge, Oak Brook Hills Mariott) is $90-95 /person.  I'd love to find something 10-15% less expensive.Thanks!

Re: Reception Sites Near Oak Brook (Western Suburbs)?

• drbweddingdrbwedding member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your guest list might be too high. But I would check out Oak Brook Bath & Tennis Club. It's right by Hyatt Lodge and has the same feeling. It's in your price range and the minimum is significantly lower than the lodge. Nearly all inclusive. Passed appetizers are additional to the per plate cost.
  • drbweddingdrbwedding member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and we had our wedding and reception there. We loved it. So beautiful. We had 120 guests though. It looked like it could fit more, but I don't know if it would work for 70 more. Worth checking out though.
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure how far from Oak Brook you want to go but White Pines in Bensenville is about 66 pp (taxes & gratuity included) and their max is 225.
  • edited December 2011
    If you continue on I-355 south you come pretty close to DiNolfo's Homer Glen, not sure if that's too far for you but they have a big space and lots of inclusions for less. We looked at them a while ago but decided it was a little too big for us (80person wedding).
  • edited December 2011
    Or the Wilder Mansion in Elmhurst which is beautiful, it's right across from the college. wildermansion dot com
  • edited December 2011
    You should check out Drury Lane and the Wyndham Oak Brook.
  • edited December 2011
    Renaissance Oak Brook Hotel- I highly recommend it so far. The max number of guests is around 200.
    7/10/10 imageDandy
  • edited December 2011
    Try the Empress in Addison. Will fit your budget for the number of people you are having.
  • edited December 2011
    Try Cantigny, not the Cantigny Golf, but the one at Cantigny Park... Gorgeous and close to Oak Brook In Wheaton.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image 115 Made the cut!
    image 90 Are ready to party and cruise Lake Michigan!
    image 21 Are party poopers and would rather be lame at home!
    image 4 Are actually really making me pissy now
  • edited December 2011
    Have you tried Doubletree in Downers Grove or Oak Brook? Not sure of the price but both are nice.
  • edited December 2011
    What about the Danada House?  It's a gorgeous setting.  I also think that the Oak Brook Double Tree is a good option, plus, their chocolate chip cookies are to die for!
    image "Always love. Don't wail til the finish line."-Nada Surf
  • Madge999Madge999 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's that banquet hall on the south side of Butterfield west of Oak Brook, but I can't remember the name of it.  And the new Westin in Lombard, too.  But I don't know how $$ they are. 
  • MelbaCatMelbaCat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i haven't posted on this board in forever! but you could try Harry Caray's at the Westin Hotel in Lombard. Their prices were in that range last spring when I got married and can definitely accommodate your numbers.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Hey! I am having mine at Oak Brook Double Tree this summer. I looked at those places you mentioned too and like you said they were a little bit too expensive. Double tree has a huge ballroom that holds a ton of people. They have been great to work with so far. I haven't heard of other people on this board having it there but I know a few people that have and said it was great!Let me know if you have any questions : )
  • edited December 2011
    You could try Mayslake Peabody Estate in Oak Brook. It is a Park District Facility and you bring in your own catering and liquor, so you can control your food and beverage costs.They only rent to one party for the evening.
  • edited December 2011
    Peabody in Oakbrook Doubletree in Downers Grove - Esplanade is gorgeous, but CALL NOW Westin in Lombard (35,000 min on Sat) Harry Caray's in the Westin (25,000 min on Sat) Renaissance in Oakbrook Carlisle in Lombard Doubldtree in Oakbrook Marriott in Oakbrook (by the mall, not OB Hills) Arrowhead in Wheaton Abbingtion in Glen Ellyn Drury Lane Wilder in Elmhurst We;re going to the Signature Room at Seven Bridges in Woodridge and it's the best prices around. They are great to work with and i love the look of it. Good luck!
    Engaged on June 18, 2009 Married on July 31, 2010 Got the house on March 18, 2011 Got the dog on May 31, 2011 Birthday Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards