Illinois-Chicago
Options

Joliet - southwest burb brides

Where did you take pictures after your ceremony?  (great question for you Morgie & jbll!)  Did you have a backup plan in case of rain?

Re: Joliet - southwest burb brides

• Options
    jbll326jbll326 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our cocktail hour/reception started immediately after the ceremony, so we just took pictures in and around the mansion. the backup plan was just to do pics inside the mansion since there were so many beautiful rooms. I've seen a number of people do photos at the train station and the painted aquaducts for a really urban feel.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my sister took pictures at bicentennial park in joliet and i am taking pictures at Pilcher Park which does have a greenhouse in case it rains.
  • Options
    morgie44morgie44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Bicentennial Park and the Train Station... we didn't really have a back up plan, our back up plan was to use umberellas!  Most of our pictures were in and around the train station and I love how they came out.  We also did a few downtown joliet right before our reception.  There was a knottie when I first first started planning that did theirs at Silver Cross field and they were really fun too! 

Depending on the style you are looking for, I would suggest taking a day when you are in the area and just kind of scouting areas that work for your style. 
    Here's a link to some of our pro pics:  There are more in the slideshow at the bottom as well...

http://mthreestudio.squarespace.com/blog/2009/10/7/joliet-wedding-photographer-rialto-square-theater-morgan-jos.html
  • Options
    emilyj4585emilyj4585 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A friend of ours did theirs at Bicentenial Park and the guys did pictures walking around downtown joliet. They did one crossing the street like the Beatles Abby Road picture.
  • Options
    AubsAndSeanAubsAndSean member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding was at Birdhaven Greenhouse (pilcher park), but if you plan on doing pics inside of the greenhouses make sure you know their hours because i think they close at 5...? also, if theres a wedding going on they may not let you in... just a heads up!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards