Illinois-Chicago
Options

Downtown dress stores? Or general recommendations?

Hi ladies!  I'm planning on coming to Chicago for Filene's Running of the Brides.  I have to admitted I'm not overly optimistic that I'll find THE dress there, I'm more excited about the experience.  Since we'll be in Chicago anyway, I was wondering if any of you had any dress store/boutique recommendations.  We'll be staying in Downtown Chicago near Michigan Ave, but are willing to head out of the city.  My mom mentioned checking out Macy's Bridal Salon.  Have any of you ever shopped there?  Any other ideas would be great!

Thanks in advance for any insight!
Wedding Countdown Ticker White Knot

Re: Downtown dress stores? Or general recommendations?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I wasn't crazy about the wedding shops at the department stores. I got my dress at Belle Vie....I have really loved working with them! They are also the parter store to Vera Wang if you are interested in Vera dresses. Ultimate Bride is another popular downtown salon. I would have went, but I found my dress on my first trip! They are both located close to each other......near the Oak Street shopping area. Good luck at Filene's!
    image **Married 7/9/11**
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you're interested in sample dresses, you might want to check out White Chicago or Weddings 826.  They're a bit off Michigan Avenue, but both are close to the Brown Line 'L'.  I especially liked shopping at Weddings 826.

I recently went to Macy's and Dimitra's (near Rush and Oak), and had good experiences at both places.  My favorite dress at Dimitra's was surprisingly affordable.

Hope that helps!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to Belle Vie, Ultimate Bride, and Macy's and had fabulous experiences at them all.  I ended up purchasing my dress from Macy's, but I would recommend all 3 of these boutiques.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In addition to the salons pp mentioned, I would check out House of Brides Couture and Jenny Yoo, both near the Chicago - Franklin brown line stop. If you want to head out the suburbs, Priscilla of Boston and Bella Bianca are both good stores.

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You girls are great!!  Thanks so much! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker White Knot
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards