Illinois-Chicago
Options

Chicago Hostel Questions

Hi Ladies,

One of our friends who is coming in for our wedding next weekend wants to extend his stay (as cheaply as possible) so he can see St. Patrick's Day in Chicago.  lol. 

He is looking at these two hostels:

http://www.hichicago.org/index.shtml

http://www.getawayhostel.com/

do any of you (or your friends) have experience with either one?  any thoughts on the neighborhoods?

thank you!

Re: Chicago Hostel Questions

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Both neighborhoods are fine.  The first link is downtown near more of the touristy things, and he will be right near the start and end of the Chicago parade.  Unforutnately the parade he is seeing is not the southside irish parade which is no longer runing (sadness) :( 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks, LIB!  i know!  my family definitely mourns the loss of the southside irish parade! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     One of my friends from Boston stayed at the first hostel and really liked it.  The only thing he said was it's not like European hostels in the sense where you bond with people in the kitchen/dinning halls.  Does that make sense?

Which is of course fine if he isn't planning on meeting people to go sightseeing with.
  • Options
    hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

I'm familiar with the first one you have listed...it's in a good neighborhood.  Although we've never stayed, we've had friend who have and said it was great.

• Options
    fashionxfashionx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've not stayed in either but have had friends who have stayed in both. The first I got to go inside and it's pretty nice, has a community room, internet and bunk beds. Everyone seemed friendly. It is right downtown so close to the action if your friend doesn't want to try out public transit to get to the parade. The second is nice, but haven't been inside. My friend enjoyed staying there though, was there for 3 nights from California. It's right in Lincoln Park and it's a nice quiet neighborhood.
    Nov 2011 Brides - Fav Cocktail
    Pomegranate Margarita
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards