Illinois-Chicago
Options

Old Knottie Needs Help for Sister

Hi Ladies,

I was a Knottie many years ago (under the name Cinderella083107) but can no longer access my account here anymore, so I created a new one to ask all of you for some help.

My sister is getting married on 4.30.11 and is in some need of hair stylist recommendations and pashmina recs. For the first, our salon that we normally go to (Zazu) is a bit too pricey for us for the wedding updos. We are looking to spend $50/person. I don't know if that's reasonable but has anyone used or know of a reputable salon in the Hinsdale/Oakbrook area that we could try?

Secondly, she is looking to buy pashminas for all of her BMs. Could I have some recommendations for reasonably priced places to get these?

Thanks, Ladies. Enjoy your day.

Re: Old Knottie Needs Help for Sister

• Options
    debi1941debi1941 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am in the very northern suburbs and updo's here start at $60.....then increase with style of updo and length of hair......mine is mid back and i am doing a half updo..with loads of curls down my back and she is charging me ...$60.00 + a tip of coure...so basically $72.00 

$50.00 may be a hard price point for an experienced stylist good with updo's......not everyone can do them.....

good luck
  • Options
    jbll326jbll326 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sharon Daniel Salon in Schaumburg. They will travel to you and they are all very talented. I think hair is around $50/person - it was back in March.
  • Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I was in the local stores today looking for a pashmina to wear to a NYE wedding...Macy's, Carson's, Steinmart.......if your sister knows the color she wants.....the stores are practically giving them away right now----and---there were a lot of bolder and bright colors....not just winter colors!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome back! :)

For pashminas, definitely check out the Jewelry Show (www.jfashow.com) in Rosemont (January) or Schaumburg (April). There is a huge selection of pashminas which are always $10.
  • Options
    hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I purchased pashminas for my BMs off ebay for $6 each.  The seller's name in is my bio.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm pretty sure I'm using Sharon Daniel and I think their prices have gone up.  I think I was quoted about $75 per person but I can't remember for sure. 
  • Options
    aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm no help on the hair, but I saw pajminas at Nordstrom Rack on State St. last week--tons of colors
  • Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're willing to drive up to Palatine, my salon does hair for $50pp...JD Michael Studio. The stylist are now independant so you may be able to get them to travel to you too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards