Illinois-Chicago
Options

Engagement Ring during your ceremony?

So...I was wondering what everyone else is doing with their engagemeng ring during their ceremony.

Are you wearing it on your left ring finer and just letting your FI put your band on in front it? Are you wearing it on your right ring finger? Are you not wearing it at all?

I'm not sure yet...

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Engagement Ring during your ceremony?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I wore mine on my right hand ring finger and then switched it to my left hand ring finger on top of my wedding ring after the ceremony.  
  • Options
    vandm2012vandm2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing our ceremony at our reception venue, and it's not traditional at all, so I think I'm going to keep mine on my left ring finger, and let him put the band next to it. I know that in some traditions, the Bride will put the engagement ring on her right ring finger for the Ceremony.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'm wearing it on my left hand and will just move my band behind it after the ceremony is over.

I feel naked without it on!!

image **Married 7/9/11**
  • Options
    aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm just going to wear it on my normal finger and move my wedding band after the ceremony. My ring doesn't fit on my right ring finger hehehe
  • Options
    CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'll be putting mine on my right finger until the ceremony is over. The wedding band is way more important to me and I just want to do it "right"  (not that I don't love my e-ring). 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll be keeping mine on my left ring finger because I have marquise so my wedding band has to have a dent put in it so it will sit flesh up against my engagement ring.  My wedding band would actually look really stupid on its own.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My engagement ring was actually part of the ring exchange so I handed both rings over to the BM/MOH before the ceremony

Our officiant referenced the wedding ring (solid foundation, symbol of love, etc.) and then referenced my e-ring (symbol of attraction, newness and excitement of love etc.) so my DH placed both rings on my hand as part of the ceremony.

I'm not describing it well, but it was cute. :)
  • Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_engagement-ring-during-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:20c45a7a-8bf9-4be7-8b8b-0636df288315Post:d25996c8-de63-492d-b1d4-7b943f840489">Re: Engagement Ring during your ceremony?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm just going to wear it on my normal finger and move my wedding band after the ceremony. My ring doesn't fit on my right ring finger hehehe
    Posted by aimers1525[/QUOTE]
    THIS
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!! I think I'm going to put my e ring on my right hand. That way once the wedding band is on - I don't have to take it off for awhile!! :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards