Illinois-Chicago
Options

Thank you shower gift

I am having two showers and I am looking for some ideas for a thank you gift for the hostesses.  There will be 6 people hosting for the two showers so I need to find something that is reasonably priced.  Any ideas for me?

Also, when do I give them the gifts....at the end of the shower?

Thanks so much!

Re: Thank you shower gift

• Options
    MsBunny312MsBunny312 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Personally I like food-stuff gifts because you know they won't go to waste. My personal fave is going to Pastoral in the Loop or in Lincoln Park and finding some gormet spread and a great bottle of wine. The people that work there are extremely helpful and can make a recommendation based on your hosts' preferences.

And yes, I'd give them the gifts at the end or after the shower (depending on how public you want to make the thank you).
  • Options
    NoronNoron member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought little food storage jars from Target and used a paint pen to write their name and a relevant quote for them on the lid (ex: "Only an aunt can give a hug like a mother, can keep secrets like a sister, and share love like a friend" for each of my aunts).  I filled the jars with homemade fudge.  I gave them to the hostesses at the beginning of the shower, when no one was really paying any attention.
    HTH!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    January 2, 2010
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    EDD October 10, 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards