Illinois-Chicago
Options

Anyone selling?

I've tried the "trash to treasure" board, but once I add shipping cost I am not saving anything. I was wondering if anyone was selling wedding stuff in the area. I live in Naperville, but go into Chicago  about once a week. My e-mail is amsdal@aol.com. Let me know. :)

Re: Anyone selling?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Also, I just moved here from Dallas so if anyone can recommend places to get decor I would be so thankful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I am in Naperville too. Are you looking for anything in particular?

A good store to check out for decor is Hobby Lobby, especially if you are DIY anything.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have some things that I haven't posted yet (table number holders, ribbon of various colors, leftover coffee/chocolate brown pocketfolds). What are you looking for?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've got a few things left for sale, but our wedding was in December with black, red, and white colors.  Thanks to all of the  knotties who bought items from us, it's so great to pass it on locally, shipping does add SO much.
    Keep searching the boards, or post exactly what you might be looking for, and you'll probably find it.
  • Options
    angiereicangiereic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

When are you getting married?  What are you looking for?  If you're looking for tall cindrical vases (24 inches tall 6 inches round) I'll be selling them after October 9. 

• Options
    AlannaFAlannaF member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a crinoline, an elbow-length white veil with tiara, and a white cardbox I would sell prior to the wedding.  After the wedding (in July), I'll have a lot of stuff - black tablecloths, damask runners, frosted votive holders, and more.  I am in Plainfield.

Just let us know what you're looking for, and also check the trash to treasure board.
    Oh btw there was a post on the budget board from Knot Annie that they are creating a new board here on the knot called Wedding Classifieds or something like that so be watching for that to show up soon.
  • Options
    omgitsrojoomgitsrojo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OP- please post some additional details (when you need items... what you're looking for... colors?)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married August 14th. I am looking for cylinder vases, candles, lanterns, petals, kissing balls, invitation sets, and really just seeing what others have to give me so ideas.  My colors are grape and moss green- I have some silver accented things also.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm selling:

-Veil
    -19 table numbers

pib
  • Options
    angantonioangantonio member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married in a month.  I have a bunch of glass cylinders of 3 heights.  I do not know the sizes off the top of my head but I will for sure be selling them as soon as the wedding (May 15) is over. I have about 40 of the shortest, 20 or the tallest, and 60 of the middle size.  I will also be selling some of the items from my candy buffet.  

• Options
    Sparkette19Sparkette19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I just did a google search for the candles for our centerpieces. it took a little bit of time on my part, but I was able to find the best deal for what we were looking for. Something to keep in mind that prices on candles can vary greatly depending on what you're looking for.

As far as invitations, a lot of girls on here (me included), used cardsandpockets.com. They offer blank sets, printed sets, assembled, unassembled...whatever you need. They're pretty good to work with and fairly priced.

There's always stuff for sale on here too. I bought our cylander vases from a fellow Chicago knottie for a buck a piece, 60 of them! Just keep combing this board and stuff will pop up.

When you're born in Chicago you're blessed and you're healed the first time you walk into Wrigley Field. My Bio
  • Options
    05.05.1005.05.10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll be selling glassware - lily bowls, hurricanes, cylinders, and possibly votives (not sure how many of each as they're our placecards so not sure if people will take them); aqua blue gems, maybe table numbers.  

give me about 4 weeks, since my wedding is in 3 :)  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    CB2 is a great place also to buy inexpensive vases.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards