Illinois-Chicago
Options

episcopal wedding after a civil marriage?

Hey Chicago Brides
I am planning a wedding at St James Episcopal Cathedral next year.  My husband and I were married last may at city hall.  We reserved the date at St James and are moving forward with a wedding next year.  We really don't consider it "official" until it is blessed in a church with all of our closest family and friends present.  We have not met with the clergy yet - should be sometime in January.

Any experience with these sorts of situations?  are theyaccomodating of couples who are married and want a church blessing?  They wouldn't turn us down, would they?  I am anxious to know now, since we have a while before we meet with the clergy - and personally ask them.

if you have has this situaltion and were in fact still married there, let me know!!!
thanks
-t

Re: episcopal wedding after a civil marriage?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey, I think this is a great idea, and I've heard of several people who have done this.  Actually, one of my friends from high school is having her church wedding this Saturday, in fact.  I think that it's really great that you want to get your marriage blessed!  Good luck with everything.
    image "Always love. Don't wail til the finish line."-Nada Surf
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards