Illinois-Chicago
Options

NWR: Rant...Co-Workers...

I'm tired and not feeling well, so I just need to vent to someone I don't work with...

I'm on a team of 10 people, and I'm the ONLY female. I sit in a room with 7 guys, all under the age of 30. I'm the youngest of 5 children, and my 3 brothers all came after my older sister, so I've been surrounded by men my entire life. You'd think I'd be used to "guy stuff' but (call me crazy) I think this sort of stuff shouldn't be so open in the work-place.

How do I get these guys to STOP burping, farting and acting like pigs at work? Ugh...I get so annoyed constantly hearing them burp (and they don't excuse themselves or anything...they just laugh). I feel like I'm in Revenge of the Nerds at Booger's belching contest.

And...the passing gas..Yell...I have to leave the room quite often because of that...

imageimage
Finally...we are Mr. & Mrs.!!! WooHoo!!!

Planning Bio
Married Bio (Work In Progress)

Re: NWR: Rant...Co-Workers...

• Options
    ondreaflynnondreaflynn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Even with 10 people I imagine you have someone that pretends to be HR.  Complain.  If it continues it's considered a hostile work environment and you could pay for your wedding for putting up with it. :) 
  • Options
    Sparkette19Sparkette19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I like PP's comment about someone "pretending to be HR". That's how it is over here too. Ugh, that's so immature and totally unprofessional.

If it makes you feel any better, my boss' office remains empty but I have been denied my request to move in. However, today I was asked for the key only to have some office staff use the office to "work out". Please note that there is a FULL gym downstairs. When I brought this to their attention I was advised that it would take too long to go downstairs it would be easier to workout in an office.

Whatever! Weird people.

When you're born in Chicago you're blessed and you're healed the first time you walk into Wrigley Field. My Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry but I laughed at first! I'm about to graduate with a degree in electrical engineering, so I can relate. You would think they would be a little more polite at work! This summer after Transformers came out, all I heard for two weeks was "Megan Fox is sooo hot". You could pay them back by making them hear ALL about your wedding details!
    Married on 8/7/10 My Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It is laughable, at times. Since I'm not feeling well today, I think it's just irking me more than it normally would. They're currently playing a game of "Call of Duty" and I keep hearing "Oh No! Here comes "booty sweat""...yes, that's what one of these goons named himself.

I'm listening to "Stir It Up" by Bob Marley at present, pretending I'm on an island...
    Laughing
    imageimage
    Finally...we are Mr. & Mrs.!!! WooHoo!!!

Planning Bio
    Married Bio (Work In Progress)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, I am an engineer, and I have never had any guys act that way...where were they raised in, a barn?  I'm sorry you have to go through that, it would drive me nuts!  Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for you:-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards