Illinois-Chicago
Options

Floral delivery cost question

Is $350 a lot for delivery?  I would say my florist is about 20 miles from the reception venue and this cost includes the set up and cleaning up.  I know some places "include it" in their cost, but that makes the overall cost per item more expensive.  Just wanted to do some comparing...thanks ladies.

Re: Floral delivery cost question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it depends on the amount you are buying from the florist and how much set up and clean up it will be. 

I am paying about $100 for all of that, but my flowers are only $750.
    Married!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My florist is charging me $100. She is only delivering to the reception site, though. It would have been $150 to deliver to the reception site and church but we're not having any ceremony arrangments. HTH!

• Options
    Golfer09Golfer09 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My florist charged me $300 - this was for NYE (considered a holiday rate by many vendors). 

This covered delivery of personal flowers to our hotel, delivery of ceremony flowers and reception centerpieces to the venue, set up of ceremony with aisle runner, candles, floral centerpieces, room flip set up, (we had our ceremony and reception in the same room so it had to be "flipped"), reception setup (moving our ceremony pieces to be re-used for our buffet table and entranceway), breakdown, and cleanup. 

All in all, the florist staff was supporting us from 1pm starting at the hotel until 1:30 am since our reception ended at 1am - they even fixed my mother's corsage when it fell apart when she put on her winter coat.
    Our wedding SDE: Our wedding Feature: PW=demo
  • Options
    ladybug7485ladybug7485 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think mine is around $100-$150 and that's dropping the bouqets off at the hotel and setting up the centerpieces at the reception.
  • Options
    pajarito81pajarito81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I too am paying $350, but they have a crew that delivers, bouquets to the house before the photographer arrives, flowers to the church and the runner, and the reception set-up at a different location.THey also clean everything up the next morning so I don't have to worry then either. I didn't feel like it was too steep considering my locations are a little bit far from each other and I don't really care to worry about all this the day of. .
    My FI younger sis got married last year, and they had to worry about picking up flowers and things got mixed up and confused when she sent us for the flowers, and they forgot to give us the flowers for the church altar. I don't want to deal with that on the day of.
    Mrs. F 9-18-10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards