Illinois-Chicago

Do I need ushers?

Originally I was thinking that the groomsmen would be ushers for the ceremony, but now I am trying to figure out where to take pictures pre-ceremony and I have read that the ushers need to start 30 minutes before the start of the ceremony. If the gm do not usher, that would buy us a few more minutes to get back to the venue. We wouldn't have to be as rushed to leave the picture site and I could pull a Julie Andres from Princess Diaries and say that the bride is never late, everyone else is simply early. ;)

Our ceremony is small-ish (100 guests) and it is outside on a golf course. While the wedding is not very formal, I would not describe it as casual. Would anyone miss ushers? Is anyone not having them? TIA
Married on 8/7/10 My Bio
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Anniversary

Re: Do I need ushers?

• emilyj4585emilyj4585 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are not having ushers. The groomsmen will act as ushers. Luckily, we don't have to worry about the timing with pictures because we do not have an alternate location. All of our pictures will be taken at the ceremony and reception site (they are the same). You could always have Dads or readers do the ushering. Congrats on your upcoming wedding!
  • netgrl22netgrl22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have a similar number of guests for an outdoor wedding.  We are choosing to have two ushers, but have structured the responsibility a bit differently than most.  They will wear suits (no tuxes) and we'll get them boutonnieres.  They will be in some pictures, but not all.  This worked well for us because we had a few guys in mind that wouldn't have wanted the responsibility of being a groomsmen but this allows us to include them and to not have the groomsmen worry about seating guests.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards