Illinois-Chicago
Options

Where did you get inspiration for your "must take" photos?

I can't really find anything that I am in love with. =(
When you're born in Chicago you're blessed and you're healed the first time you walk into Wrigley Field. My Bio

Re: Where did you get inspiration for your "must take" photos?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not compiling a bunch of photos but I'm making a list of must-take photos, including who I want to make sure we have photos with. This includes the list of formal poses with the wedding party, families, different groups of friends, etc. We trust our photographer's vision, so I'm not going into specific poses or shots, but I want to make sure I have plenty of pictures with certain people.
    7/10/10 imageDandy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Your photogrspher should be able to help you with this. I have a slight benefit because my FH is a photographer so he is doing all the brain work when it comes to this part. Yay!! You can also look at your guest list and make another list of the people that you MUST take pictures with.
    And the whole time, my future husband was in the room...... image image
  • Options
    mbuhpathimbuhpathi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ours requested a list of family that we want photographed. we are supposed to give it to someone on each side so they can point them out.
  • Options
    ladybug7485ladybug7485 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing a list of a minimal amount of family shots that I want but I got all of the inspiration type photos from other photog's blogs. I basically just started looking on yelp and recs that have been used through knotties and found pictures that I would want to take or settings (i.e. middle of Mich Ave).
  • Options
    Sparkette19Sparkette19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm not totally thrilled with our photgraphers creative shots with our e-pics. Their not bad, just not super cute. I found a post about photogs and I've been searching for creative shots but I was wondering where fellow knotties found theirs. I'm not big on portrait poses with family members. Of course we'll have to have them, it's a necessary evil...=)

When you're born in Chicago you're blessed and you're healed the first time you walk into Wrigley Field. My Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you haven't already, maybe you can peruse this list of photographers' blogs to find some shots you love?

http://sites.google.com/site/chiwed09/home

Many of the photographers we met with did not want any 'must take' list, but rather guidelines about what categories of shots were important to us (i.e. bride/father, ceremony) and what could be skipped if need be (for us-flowers and details).

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I gave our photographer a list of family photos as requested but after that he created photos of us. I thought that was great cause the pics didn't look like everyone elses.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards