Illinois-Chicago
Options

Rehearsal Dinner question

FI and I just started talking about the RD and I mentioned that some of my family from OOT attended my sister's RD which was 10 yrs ago.  He never thought about anyone other than the obvious being invited (BP, parents, etc).  I have been to a few RDs but cannot remember who all attended.  His parent's are planning it so we will talk to them but I just wondered if anyone has any thoughts on this, who will be at your RD?  I just wouldn't want to miss out on that time with my family, plus I don't want to just leave them that night with nothing to do. 

Re: Rehearsal Dinner question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I believe you should invite OOT guests.  We did.  We had 6 OOT altogether, so that isn't too much.  We had a total of 25 people at our RD: the parents, groomsmen and their wives/girlfriends if applicable, bridesmaids and their husbands/boyfriends, ushers, OOT guests, and our reader.

I hope that helps!

Danielle
  • Options
    mapales2mapales2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having OOT guests at ours as well.  We will end up with six out of towners total plus the other obvious guests you stated.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have a pretty big wedding party and more than 2/3 of our guest list is out of town.  We decided not to invite our OOT guests although we really wanted to.  At the end of the day the big problem wasn't even the budget, we just couldn't find anywhere that could hold around 175 for the event.  Our wedding party and immediate family is about 40 people itself.  So we are just going that route.  We are pretty disappointed but it kinda is what it is.
  • Options
    ladybug7485ladybug7485 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Zappatini. Probably 80-85% of our guest list are OOT so this was not possible for us. I think it's nice to do if you can afford it as it gives them something to do but it's not required and I don't think anyone would blink an eye if they were not invited to RD and not in the WP.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Same here...3/4 of our guests are OOT...so totally NOT in our budget!  If we were only having a few OOT's then yes I would have them at the RD!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 260 Invited image
    167 Thrilled to Attend image
    71 Devastated they can't make it image
    22 making us sweat it out image
    RSVP Date- June 30
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PPs.  I would love to have the OOT-ers but its just too many people.  Also, I don't understand spending a fortune on a party before the wedding.  But that's just me!
    Jan 2011 January SC- Wedding Rings
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
    396 were invited image
    250 will be there!image
    146 are missing outimage
    0 are still thinkingimage
    RSVP Date: December 15th
  • Options
    jbll326jbll326 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Traditionally you are supposed to invite all OOTers.
    However, like PPs, nearly all of our guests were OOT and we didn't want to have essentailly 2 weddings :) So we decided to invite anyone that would be flying in for the wedding (most of our guests were driving in), as they were paying a good deal of money to be there and we felt that we should provide them dinner and entertainment at least.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We did OOT family only, then the rest of the wedding party, etc. Like PP, it would have turned into another wedding if not. As it was we have 68 people!
    Steph & Brandon 4.17.10
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio - Updated 7.2
  • Options
    aparada15aparada15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We expect to have about 60 people or so at our rehearsal dinner. This includes BP, parents, readers, priest and out of town guests. We have family flying in from the west coast and from overseas. We also invited any family that planned on driving in the day before the wedding and staying overnight. Luckily, this was only a handful of people.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards