Illinois-Chicago
Options

Independence Grove Libertyville, IL

Okay so I really like The Native Garden for the ceremony, but my hesitation is do I go with their catering company, Catering by Michaels?  I'm not crazy about their food options. 

I've looked around that area and I do not see any other venue like a golf course/banquet hall that I could have the reception (I have about $10k to work with)  Do I try to find another Garden like theme like I want or can someone recommend another ceremony/reception idea around that area.  I do not want my guests driving all over town.  Does anyone know of any great garden themes like a park to have the ceremony at?  Thank you in advance.Smile

Re: Independence Grove Libertyville, IL

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing Midlane Resort in Wadsworth (about 20 mins from Independence Grove) and their prices start around $40 per person all inclusive. White Deer Golf Course in Vernon Hills starts at $55 per person and is very close to Independence Grove. There are a few other golf courses within 15 of so minutes of Independence Grove.

Personally, Independence Grove was about my top choice for a wedding venue because I think it is absolutely beautiful. Their minimum was just way too high for us since we wanted a smaller wedding. The only downside to Independence Grove (besides the high minimum) is that you don't have much privacy for the ceremony. Yes, their staff will guard the area so that random people don't invade your space, but since it is open to the public people will try to spy on your wedding.

Have you looked at Chicago Botanic Gardens if you want a garden wedding?
    Married on 8/7/10 My Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • Options
    silver56silver56 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Their minimum seems like every other place I have been emailing (my p's are paying, but don't want to break their bank). But the rental fee is much higher than what I have seen.  Thanks for the heads up about the privacy of the ceremony.  I haven't seen the grounds yet, but now I guess there is a privacy issue.  I will check out the nearby places.  I live near Barrington and my guests are coming from Glendale Heights area to Mundelein to Arltington Heights.  Is that too far you think?  Well I guess I will have to keep the ceremony and reception at the same place so they aren't driving all over town.  Thanks.  If you think of any place else, let me know.  Smile

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Thunderhawk in Beach Park (at another L.C. Forest Preserve).  Highland Park CC also has nice grounds for a ceremony
  • Options
    RockaZRockaZ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married there in 2004.  food, service and presentation was excellent!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards