Illinois-Chicago
Options

NWR: Hawks!

Gosh I wish I could be at the parade!  Sucks being stuck inside working :-(
Jan 2011 January SC- Wedding Rings
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
396 were invited image
250 will be there!image
146 are missing outimage
0 are still thinkingimage
RSVP Date: December 15th

Re: NWR: Hawks!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I just saw the Stanley Cup!  Craziness downtown.  Avoid if you don't want to be stuck! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ooo fun! 

Yeah, luckily I work on Goose Island so I didn't have too much traffic getting to work.  But I still wish I could have gone!
    Jan 2011 January SC- Wedding Rings
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
    396 were invited image
    250 will be there!image
    146 are missing outimage
    0 are still thinkingimage
    RSVP Date: December 15th
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    As much as I love the Hawks, I'm happy to be sitting inside, with a/c, watching the parade. I went to the Bulls rally in 1996 and even though it was fun, it was just so hot and crowded.

Happy Blackhawks Day!
    7/10/10 imageDandy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my fiance is out there, I hope he doesn't get trampled!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    it is HUMID as all heck down here!!  They say humidity is at 100%, but it feels like 200%, if thats even possible. :)  My building is just off of Washington and it is a nightmare with all the crowds!  My FI went to the parade (we watched it from up the street outside really quick) and met me for lunch afterwards -- he got out of there as soon as he could!  Storms are rolling in too.. i hope all those people find some shelter!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm with Mandy.  I watched some of it on my lunch and it's so very exciting but I don't know if I could deal with that heat and the crowds!  Not to mention I'm in the NW burbs so I would have had to leave super early to get there.  I heard the last estimated people count was around 2 million!!!  Crazy. 

I had a crazy thought while I was watching the rally...I wonder how we could incorporate the Blackhawks song into our wedding?  Maybe have it as the bridal party entrance into the reception?  IDK, maybe that would be dumb.  I'll have to ask FI what he thinks :)
  • Options
    ladybug7485ladybug7485 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I think watching it from where I work is better then being outside because I can see and hear everything and I'm pretty sure the people 1/2 down wacker can't. Watching the red and white confetti float by my window is a little funny though

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Rempala- we just went to a family wedding on May 29 (Game 1 of the Stanley Cup) and I was a BM. My cousin and his wife were also a part of the wedding party and entered to the song, with a sign and waving towels. Throughout the night, the DJ gave score updates and when they won, they played the whole song. It was fun!

I went to a wedding a couple years ago and they are huge White Sox fans. They entered to "Thunderstruck." It was cute.
    7/10/10 imageDandy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    that sounds fun!!  It totally makes sense to do that for game 1 of the finals but I'm not sure if it will be as well accepted 3 months from now.  Although, I do think our bridal party would love it : ) 
  • Options
    topchef33topchef33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It would have been fun to be there, then again I hate big crowds lol.

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The parade was awesome even though I only watched from the 20th floor of the Daley Center after court that morning.  I'm glad it's over though because it was super annoying getting to work in the first place, plus trying to get over to court/get back from court was ridiculous because my office is on one side of the parade route and the Daley Center is on the other.  Maybe I'm just crabby because I had to do work and couldn't just hang out and really go to the parade/rally!   

Rempala - I've been to weddings where the bride and groom have walked in to Thunderstruck, Go Go White Sox, and Here Come the Hawks (in 2006 nonetheless when the Hawks were awful!) and I thought they were fun and very reflective of the couples personality.   FI is a huge sports fan and the only thing he's asked for thus far in our wedding is to walk into either a White Sox, Hawks or University of Illinois (where we went to school) song.  I'm totally fine with doing it and I'm sure our guests will probably be expecting it!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards