Illinois-Chicago
Options

**jbll326**

Hi!
So I am looking into the hampton and marriott towne suites.  You mentioned something about a shuttle service you provided for your guests.  Can you tell me more about that?

Re: **jbll326**

• Options
    jbll326jbll326 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

It was really important to us to provide shuttle service for our guests, knowing that (1) they would make ample use of the open bar, (2) there were no hotels in walking distance from PHM, and (3) there are no reliable taxi services in the area. Unfortunately, no hotels in Joliet have shuttles (which is exteremely common for hotels in the NW burbs where we live). 

We hired Standard Shuttle service - they ran a continuous loop from the hotels to the PHM starting an hour and a half before the wedding until the last of us left PHM. It was a lot cheaper than I thought it would be - $700 plus tip.

See my bio for review - I can't say I'd recommend them, as they were late and then accused our guests of destroying a window which they wanted us to pay for (nothing ever came of it).

My friend was married at the Rialto last spring and used a different shuttle company. As far as I know, there were no issues to speak of. I'll ask her who it was and let you know.

HTH! Let me know if you have other questions I didn't cover off on

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Highjacking this....since I am so slow on my reviews! I  booked One Sweet Dream Limo company and provided a 32-passenger shuttle for my guests from the Hampton to the Rialto. They were wonderful, prompt, courteous, etc.. I believe the rate was around $750 inclusive for 90 minutes before ceremony and 2.5 hours of shuttle time on the back end of the reception. They are out of Bloomington-Normal so you are aware. I think previously, they were in Joliet/South area.

Here is the website:
    http://www.1sweetdream.com/

Dave was my contact.
  • Options
    jbll326jbll326 member
    edited December 2011
    My friend also used One Sweet Dream.
  • Options
    Sparkle1985Sparkle1985 member
    edited December 2011