Illinois-Chicago
Options

Brunch--your FAV place!

Tell me your favorite place for Brunch (city or burbs)!

Re: Brunch--your FAV place!

• Options
    hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Order off Menu:
    Tavern on Rush (Gold Coast)
    Bakin and Eggs (Lincoln and Belmont)
    Wishbone (Lincoln and School)

Buffet:
    Stanley's (on Lincon/Armitage)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a huge brunch lover! :)

City:
    Eleven City Diner
    Janik's Cafe
    The New Warsaw (Polish breakfast is phenom!)
    Milk & Honey (sometimes)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     I just got a giftcard to Zed451 and I'm really curious about their brunch.  I went there for dinner (had a giftcard again, ha) and it was really good IMO.  Anyone know what their brunch is like?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love Meli Cafe!  The wait staff sometimes has a bit of an attitude but I am willing to overlook it for the delicious food.   

The brunch buffet at NoMI was one of the best brunch buffets (if not the most expensive) brunch buffet I've been to.
  • Options
    aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    this might not be what you are looking for butttt I love the brunch at Mystic Celt (on Southport).  If you go closer to noon, they have lunch-type items out too.

I also like:
    Common Ground (Clark St. and also a location in Andersonville?)
    Kitch'n (Roscoe Village)

• Options
    CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I hate to post this for fear the place will get too popular, but there is a (very) dive-y diner in Uptown on Broadway called "Golden House," that FI and I love! The food isn't anything too fancy, but the prices are unbeatable and the service is great. 
  • Options
    hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_brunch-fav-place?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:4e96e3bc-f439-4ec1-a220-4c488728070aPost:b9d51b69-94ea-4122-88f7-e18fb8caceb1">Re: Brunch--your FAV place!</a>:
    [QUOTE]this might not be what you are looking for butttt I love the brunch at Mystic Celt (on Southport).  If you go closer to noon, they have lunch-type items out too. I also like: <strong>Common Ground (Clark St.</strong> and also a location in Andersonville?) Kitch'n (Roscoe Village)
    Posted by aimers1525[/QUOTE]

I think you're referring to Uncommon Ground.  It's good too! But they're really not flexible with their menu (which is hard on my picky DH!).

Yum, now I want to try some of these places.

I've also at a Orange, but the location by me closed.  We've also done breakfast at Flat Top Grill, once it was okay and the other time it was great.  Oh and we like Schubas/Harmony Grill (Southport & Belmont) too

Has anyone tried Toast on Webster? I want to try them!
  • Options
    CASK85CASK85 member
    edited December 2011
    I tried to go to Toast back when I lived in Lincoln Park, but they were always so busy. I bet that is a good sign :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     Ooh I forgot to mention Julius Meinl...it's more of European style cafe but does have some brunch items
  • Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just love Brunch and love that you ladies do to!
  • Options
    CASK85CASK85 member
    edited December 2011
    I just remembered another one - one of my favorite brunch places is Hearty - it is in Lakeview. They have a unique take on comfort food that really appeals to me. And a cute outdoor eating area (not good for now, obv). 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I love:

Orange - Frushi and fresh juice?! YUM

Julius Meinl

Toast

Glenn's Diner in Lincoln Square - SO GOOD, order a bloody mary. It was also on
    Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives.  Our families were waiting there to surprise me the day FI proposed...it's a very special place for me!!  But I swear the food is great!

Stella's on Broadway

Southport Grocery

image **Married 7/9/11**
  • Options
    peeweea213peeweea213 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Ditto on 
    Bakin n Eggs
    Stella's 
    My FI and I also enjoy Yolk
  • Options
    TEA&CoTEA&Co member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, for the suburban contingent, my vote is for Meson Sabika in Naperville.  Very different than typical brunch food, and a gorgeous, relaxing environment.  Also, I'm cheating because this isn't really brunch, but I looooove Egg Harbor--breakfast or lunch!  In Chicago, I love Uncommon Ground.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In the city...love Julius Meinl, Frontera Grill (I think only on Saturdays), and Publican (only on Sundays).
  • Options
    aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha yes I meant Uncommon Ground!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards