Illinois-Chicago
Options

photography question

I've been looking around at several different photographers and noticed that some of them don't offer albums as part of their services.  For those of you planning on using a photographer who doesn't offer albums, where are you going to be getting your album from and is it comparable/better/worse than what most other photographers offer?  I'm not very creative and am afraid that being stuck to make my own album may be more trouble than it's worth but I don't want to exclude some photographers I like if it won't be that big of a deal.  

Thanks!

Re: photography question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My photographer doesn't offer an album included...I will most likely be creating a book on snapfish.com or shutterfly.com...they always have great deals!  I will probably also get an actual wedding album from Kohls or something and put pictures in there! I think you can probably do all of these pretty cheap!
  • Options
    MsBunny312MsBunny312 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly you can get pretty good quality photo books made through Apple if you have a Mac computer. You can set up the whole thing in iPhoto really easily.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our photographer offers albums but they're ridiculously priced.  Luckily we'll get all the other images on CD to use how we please.  I have a friend that's a photographer & graphic designer that will be putting albums together for a lot less.  

I also have another friend that used shutterfly to create her own album.  They look beautiful & she said it was very easy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There are websites where you can order a more professional album such as www.mpix.com. I highly recommend their prints. I ordered 11x17's of our engagement photos and they are the most crisp prints I have ever seen that did not come from a photographer. Knotties on the DIY board have other websites that they recommend for nice albums, but I don't know what any of them are. You could post over there for a recommendation.
    Married on 8/7/10 My Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • Options
    mbuhpathimbuhpathi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think shutterfly offers albums. Our photographer offers albums and yes they are expensive but they are flushmount with the thicker pages. It depends what you need. I do not think there are true flushmount albums that you can just buy. I might be wrong.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used mypublisher for our engagement photos/wedding guestbook.  It turned out sooo nice!  It was really easy to use -- and they have a lot of layouts, so don't worry on having to create them. Just point and click where you want your picture.  :)  A friend of mine got an album with her package at Bella Photography, and she is really frustrated with them.  They've sent her their layouts and she's just not happy with them.  And there's only so many changes she can do before she is charged for each change.  I know it might be a little more work on your end, but at the end of it, you'll have what you want the way you want it and you can show off your work :)
  • Options
    ladybug7485ladybug7485 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto pp and recommending checking on DIY board. I've made an album through Shutterfly before and they turn out really nice and it's really easy to put together but I know a lot of people use snapfish too. I personally don't think it's worth the extra cost of paying a photog to do it, our photog offers it but it isn't required as part of the package.
  • Options
    Cooper17Cooper17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm meeting up with Jiho from Lilly Photography this week and he offers a wedding album for his highest package. The other packages he includes a photo book.
    He told me I can include any wedding album to any of his packages for studio prices.
    I guess he doesn't design albums and he does it through a album design company so he doesn't make money on them. 
    How much would I be saving if he offers studio price? Do photographer jack up prices for albums like prints?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try blurb.com. They allow you to make magazine type looking photo album books. I will use this for my wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker IMG_0710IMG_0688v
  • Options
    Golfer09Golfer09 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here is a list of local photo album vendors that was taken from the website of one of the photographers we had interviewed (Real Life Weddings):

http://www.reallifeweddings.com/recommend/albums.shtml

I had heard good things about Ardour but since our photographer had included an album in our package, I can't vouch for them personally.....happy hunting!
    Our wedding SDE: Our wedding Feature: PW=demo
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards