Illinois-Chicago
Options

Recommendationsfor Rehearsal Dinner -Downtown

We want to have a rehearsal dinner downtown that would give all our out-of-town wedding partiers a great Chicago experience.  We initially thought about a lakefront cruise like the Spirit of Chicago but I want something a little different.  Maybe a riverfront restaurant?  Any ideas?

TIA!

Re: Recommendationsfor Rehearsal Dinner -Downtown

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you want a nice river front place, Fultons on the River is great. Also maybe Spiaggia--great view of Michigan ave.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It looks like your wedding is May 30th? Not sure what the weather will be like, but Flatwater is nice. Ditto Fultons. Riva is on Navy Pier. A fun Chicago thing a lot of people do is the chicago pizza thing. Like Gino's, Lou Malnati's or Giordano's.  We are doing ours at DOC Wine Bar in Lincoln Park. I also think the Lettuce Entertain You places are nice for RDs like Wildfire, Maggiano's, etc.
    Steph & Brandon 4.17.10
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio - Updated 7.2
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    sgylling - DOC is a great place for a rehearsal dinner.  great idea

i would also say one of the fantastic pizza places in the city.

do you have a budget in mind?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I vote for Fultons.
  • Options
    ondreaflynnondreaflynn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Tasting Room in the West Loop is also very nice.  You can get private space upstairs and it has an amazing view of the city.  They also have a great menu and amazing wines.  Perfect for a classy affair.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Fultons!!! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing our RD at Il Mulino, it's in the historic Biggs Mansion in Gold Coast.  It's authentic Italian cuisine and they always have amazing service.  We decided to do a "tasting style" dinner because their portions are normally HUGE, and it cut costs considerably.  

Our 2nd choice was a Lettuce restaurant, Wildfire, because their prices are resonable & the food is great.  

Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards