Illinois-Chicago

Any recs for companies that do uplighting?

My DJ company does it $400 for head table, $600 for the entire venue. I'd just like to price around and see if that's a good deal or if I could find something better.

Re: Any recs for companies that do uplighting?

• MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would love to find out other recs too! I'm interested but only if it's affordable.
  • edited December 2011
    I have seen a couple girls recommend this company. Not sure if it is affordable but worth a call! 

• Golfer09Golfer09 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Highly recommend Art of Imagination - not sure if they are the lowest priced, but the quality of work is amazing (they did the lighting for my wedding)!  Deborah might take awhile to get back to you but I think she is worth it!

When I was pricing out options I also looked into Chicago Lighting Design and Len was very reasonable and responsive.  Good luck!
    Our wedding SDE: Our wedding Feature: PW=demo
  • stephasuasustephasuasu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I HIGHLY recommend Admit One DJ's. They are located in Naperville, IL. I had them for my wedding. They charged me $35 per static uplight (the ones that do not change colors throughout the night, you pick the color). I think the cost for lights that changed color were $50 per light. Find out how many lights are included in the head table and venue lighting packages, and then you can see the cost breakdown per light. The owner of Admit One came and set up our uplighting himself (Greg). It looked great!
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    We are using Elegant Event Lighting in Schaumburg.....

http://www.eleganteventlighting.net/

We wanted to include backdrops and ceiling draping, and he is able to do all of it.  In addition, our venue has a floor to ceiling enclosed waterfall/fountain when you first enter, and he is able to change the lighting in it to coordinate with the reception uplighting as well. 

• edited December 2011
    You guys are awesome, thanks! I blame "Platinum Weddings" for even showing me this existed. It'll be an extra so if it's not affordable, it's axed. But damn, they look awesome!
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Fantastic DJs out of Wow! What a wedding.  And they are doing our uplighting.....its included in our package.  I HIGHLY recommend working with this company!
    Jan 2011 January SC- Wedding Rings
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
    396 were invited image
    250 will be there!image
    146 are missing outimage
    0 are still thinkingimage
    RSVP Date: December 15th
  • megs175megs175 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Admit One... we are not using them for uplighting, only as our DJ, but their uplighting seems to look top notch!!
  • MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    so does Admit One do uplighting if you don't hire them for their DJ service? $35 sound great per light especially since you can choose to do however many you want.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards