Illinois-Chicago
Options

Southwest/Western Suburb Wedding Day Photo Ops

I'm getting married in Hickory Hills and getting ready in Coutnryside.  Can anyone recommend some nice parks or other locations near these locations to take pics before the wedding?

Also, I need to have my dress steamed and I am coming in from out of town.  Any recommendations?

Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Southwest/Western Suburb Wedding Day Photo Ops

• Options
    edited December 2011
    There are some nice locations across from Water's Edge Golf Course on 115th and Harlem.  Also, there are many, many forest preserves with nice views along teh way..maybe Maple Lake, Bullfrog Lake (top of the hill looking down) or The Little Red Schoolhouse...check out the cook county forest preserve website.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What about Lake Catherine?  We are from the Palos Area (getting married in Palos Hills, reception in Orland Park more then likely) and are thinking about Lake Cathrerine for photos.

I think they might make you buy a permit to take photos there though.

Where in Hickory are you getting married?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you do need to buy a permit for Lake Katherine.  There's the Worth Water Reclamation right across the street from the Water's Edge too.  (its the waterfalls going over the bridge on Harlem)  It's really beautiful in there.

"Everything will be alright in the end. So if it's not alright, it is not yet the end."
    "She wasn't bitter. She was sad, though. But it was a hopeful kind of sad. The kind of sad that just takes time." The Perks of Being a Wallflower
    Me:28 DH:28 TTC since 1/11 Dx: unexplained IF/early DOR
    Feb'12- Clomid/TI with CD3 &21 labs(normal)& SA-count 6mil/ml,morph/motil OK-BFN
    April'12 Ultrasounds,HSG -clear, slight acurate uterus
    5/14 IUI #1-50 mg clomid-post wash total motile count 19.3 prometrium 2dpiui= BFN
    6/11-IUI #2-100 mg clomid & prometrium post wash count total motile 17.5 = BFN
    7/6 IUI#3 with 100 mg clomid, estridiol, prometrium. post wash total motile count 23.3 = BFN
    8/30IVF#1 BCPs, Follistim, Menopur,Ganerelix,Novarel.
    ER 9/11-8R, 7M, 5F.
    ET 9/14 2 embies transferred. 1 10cell Grade 4, 1 8cell Grade 4. No frosties. BFN
    IVF#2 BCPs, Follistim, Menopur, Ganerelix, Novarel, Baby Aspirin
    ER 12/5-16R, 12M, 8F!
    ET 12/10 5dt! 1 fully expanded blast & 1 early blast. No frosties. BFN
    2/13- Saline sono revealed a polyp. All additional labwork coming back normal. Genetic screen revealed DH has MTHFR deficiency & I am a carrier for it.
    3/13 hysteroscopy & polypectomy
    next up-Reproductive immunologist Appt 3/27, cycling in may?

Here Comes the Sun Blog
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_southwestwestern-suburb-wedding-day-photo-ops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:53d5aaab-fd8b-4996-8b20-6e3d47a827d4Post:899c1244-20dc-4eaa-91e0-b03b50e363fe">Re: Southwest/Western Suburb Wedding Day Photo Ops</a>:
    [QUOTE]you do need to buy a permit for Lake Katherine.  There's the Worth Water Reclamation right across the street from the Water's Edge too.  (its the waterfalls going over the bridge on Harlem)  It's really beautiful in there.
    Posted by megs3084[/QUOTE]
    I'm thinking about this as well...only thing is that there were a TON of little bugs there last year when I went. That was in August though, so...perhaps it'll be better in 3 weeks!
    imageimage
    Finally...we are Mr. & Mrs.!!! WooHoo!!!

Planning Bio
    Married Bio (Work In Progress)
  • Options
    nstark2908nstark2908 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your help! 

How do I go about getting a permit?  Is this something I would have to get from the City?  We are getting married June 26, and I'm not sure if this is something I can get quickly.  I'm such a procrastinator, I know!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards