Illinois-Chicago
Options

Ohio Knottie Needs Chicago Hotel Recs

Hey there ladies! I am a Cincinnati OH Knottie and we are going to Chicago for our mini honeymoon and wanted to get some hotel recommendations. Anything is greatly appreciated, thanks!
Brandy

Re: Ohio Knottie Needs Chicago Hotel Recs

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We got engaged at The Wit (at State and Lake in the Loop downtown; right by the Chicago Theater and the Mag Mile) and we're having our wedding at the Holiday Inn Mart Plaza (in the Merchandise Mart- close to lots of restaurants and bars).  I would suggest staying away from the Congress Hotel- I stayed there once and it wasn't very good (limited hot water, the valet dented my friends car, and the workers have been on strike for years in front of the building)
  • Options
    Golfer09Golfer09 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend the Elysian Hotel.
    Our wedding SDE: Our wedding Feature: PW=demo
  • Options
    lawhitedlawhited member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second The Wit -- it's fairly new and has an awesome rooftop bar (some say the best in Chicago).  In fact, that's where I'm having my bachelorette party.

Hotel 71 is another one that's a little on the modern side and conveniently located.   There's also the Hard Rock which is a little different.  :)

From one Cincy girl to another... good luck and congrats!!
  • Options
    afloggieafloggie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the Palmer House Hilton. It has been recently refurbished (last year, I think) and it's just old and gorgeous.
    7/10/10 imageDandy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards