Illinois-Chicago
Options

vendor reviews!

Just wanted to share in case this helps anyone with planning.
We got married Jan 29 :)

Venue and Catering

The Morton Arboretum, Lisle A++
The venue was incredibly accomodating and easy to work with. We got married in the Founder's Room (the smaller venue) and it was spectacularly beautiful. It was really nice having this little cottage out in the middle of the arboretum to ourselves for the wedding, the ceremony in one room, cocktail hour and receiving line out into the hall, then into the next room for the reception. So easy and we saved a lot on transportation. The food was sooo good and the waitstaff were amazingly fast and attentive. There was like 1-2 per table (way more than the average, I think) and they came up to everyone constantly throughout the reception offering drinks. I have not one complaint. I was totally wowed and grateful.

Cake

The Cakery,Lisle A+

They were part of our food package so we didn't have a choice anyway, but I would still have chosen them. The cake was beautiful, they were easy to work with and offered a limitless options when we were ordering it,and it was the best CAKE I have ever eaten, let alone wedding cake. I'm not kidding. It was fantastically delicious.

Photography

White Photography B+

We didn't want to spend a lot of crazy money on photography, so we shopped around to find a 3-hour package for pre-ceremony portraits of family and wedding party, and pictures throughout the ceremony. It was $495 for 3 hours and a digital CD of all the pictures. Simple, no crazy staged fancy pictures, affordable, exactly what we wanted. Easy to work with.

My mom made my dress (which was soooo beautiful), we did all our own paper stuff with kits from Michael's, my husband's dad's wife did all the flowers (red roses), and we didn't have to rent any transportation because of our venue. So we had money left over to honeymoon in Costa Rica for 2 weeks afterwards!

PS I highly recommend a winter wedding to anyone. It is so romantic, you get a lot of discounts from vendors since it is slower, you don't have to compete with 50 other couples for dates, vendors, etc, and I have one last word: honeymoon. How much sweeter is it to escape Chicago for the tropics in February than in June? So sweet. Hello, yearly anniversary couple trips!!

Re: vendor reviews!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  I'd love to see some pics of everything!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wonderful!!  Will you repost this in the thread at the top of the page that says "vendor reviews"? 
  • Options
    aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats--it sounds like you have a lovely day!
  • Options
    rosygrafixrosygrafix member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the review! I was debating on Morton Arboretum for my wedding/reception next spring and you've given me food for thought.  I know the Arboretum has an approved list to choose from so I would like to know which caterer you chose.
  • Options
    Zelly72Zelly72 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you have any contact information for The Cakery?  When I look that up I only find one in North Aurora.  I would love to give them a call for my wedding.  Thanks!
  • Options
    piper28piper28 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

As far as caterers, at the time (and as far as I know, it is still this way) you have to go with Morton's caterer, Classic Fare Catering, there aren't any other choices. But that was ok, because the food and service was wonderful. 

The Cakery is in North Aurora as you found. Here is the website, it has the phone number on the page: http://www.thecakeryinc.com/

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards